We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Mega Pack for PC? (from: tdu.fr)

Eudemon

Meh if it turns out the price for the DLC will be equal to TDU it's self then i'm just gonna wait for the hackers to crack it & release them for free.

Did the same for NFS Pro street. EA lost my trust after releasing the crapfest that was Carbon so i "Downloaded" Pro street to see if it was any good & if it was i would of went and bought it but it was crap so i just deleted it off my HDD lol.

Meh if it turns out the price for the DLC will be equal to TDU it's self then i'm just gonna wait for the hackers to crack it & release them for free.
Exactly the reason they don't want to release content for the PC and can you blame them? They should implement some check at the server end and ban people outright who use hacked or cracked resources imo as it just spoils it for those who legitimately enjoy and want to support the game.

Iced/Mb X360 DLC is 350MSP a pack so those like me have paid 350 x 6 (2100) for all the extra cars which is.

USD us.png $26.24

GBP uk.png £17.85

EUR ck.png €24.42

CAD ca.png $33.58

AUD au.png $34.65

JPY jp.png Y3108

CHF ch.png 44.94

NOK no.png 172.20

Now I would think Microsoft would take a cut of that and maybe even want paid for the hosting so you might be looking at cheaper if it was to come out.

I don't have a problem paying for the cars, but I'm not buying the game again, I already have it :s

So you'd be happy to pay £17.99 for the mega car pack, but not £17.99 for the mega car pack+TDU?

Now I would think Microsoft would take a cut of that and maybe even want paid for the hosting so you might be looking at cheaper if it was to come out.

The things MS provide for the X360 still need to be provided by someone else for the PC - QA, hosting, distribution, authentication.. ontop of any licensing conditions that may exist (I don't know the full story behind these, but I have heard that there are clauses that prevent developers releasing something at retail for an amount cheaper than the Live cost - see PuzzleQuest for example).

Guest RB26DETT
So you'd be happy to pay £17.99 for the mega car pack, but not £17.99 for the mega car pack+TDU?

i think what Randy was implying that he'd rather pay for the mega pack if it didn't cost the same as buying the game again.

i hope the pack costs at most 10USD. that's the highest reasonable price i'm willing to pay.

Well no, I'd buy the game as well if they happen to be the same price. But why would Atari re-release a game with extra content, and not charge more? That would cause massive losses, surely? People who don't already have the game will be effectively buying the extra content and getting a free game.

Well no, I'd buy the game as well if they happen to be the same price. But why would Atari re-release a game with extra content, and not charge more? That would cause massive losses, surely? People who don't already have the game will be effectively buying the extra content and getting a free game.

It's not uncommon - the retail selling price of a game falls over time so once they've achieved market saturation the only 'cost' is the printing of the DVD and manual - if you are printing a DVD for the extra content anyway then that cost is nothing (assuming you put the manual on PDF).. so it wouldn't cost Atari any more to include TDU for free with the extra content, and it may just tempt more people to buy it.

The only time that's a bad strategy is when you need an expansion to boost sales of the original product - that isn't the case in TDU where you have a large amount of content in the original game already, certainly compared to any carpack. In otherwords, people who didn't buy TDU generally won't buy it just to be able to get the car packs with no interest in the other cars.

• 2 weeks later...