We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1: Australian Grand Prix

Iced_Bullet

Nige in the first race of the season you never really have a rival. The first few races will show who is up for the challenge and what car and team have the pace, reliability and teamwork to win the Championship. Just because Kimi won it doesn't mean anything this year, if anything it is actually a greater testament to the term Champion if you can continue that form and be consistent. Kimi messed up, no pressure was on him from behind, it was all in front of him, he had to pass the car in front and when he went for it and prepared to do so he misjudged by an inch where the rear wheel was. Now you go on about how Hamilton doesn't deserve the titles he's getting well I only got one thing to say about that; Have you watched him from the onboard cam? Watch how he gets less than an inch away from the grass or how he always seems to be able to caress the white lines or push the car hard while being able to correct the oversteer that results in it? The man is going to be a legend, much more so than Kimi and maybe even Arroganto Schumacher. He is down to earth, he knows his team are as part of his race winning as he is, he is not like some of the drivers who believe it is all about them and only them (ie Alonso).

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how Kubica (sp?), Kovalainen, Boudais, Massa and even the Torro Rosso team get on this season.

Feel sorry for DC though, even though I think the blame was 50/50 I still feel the lunge or dive down the inside that Massa did was a bit too dangerous and more so only being a pass if the driver in front gave up position weakly otherwise the result would be... well what actually happened.

First of all I'm stating facts !!!

Lewis or 'wonder kid' has I like to call him does get loads of attention on ITV much more than Button, Coulthard & Davidson ever do and nobody can deny that !

Secondly I don't like the way they go on about Lewis being 'magnificent' and 'great', yeah I agree he is good but come on always going on about him has if he his the greatest f1 driver/person to ever live is too far imo.

Thirdly you guys obviously support the Brit, fairplay I accept that but I go on a driver's talent not his nationally hence why I support Finnish & Polish drivers because I believe they are much better than any of the other drivers on the grid today.

Fourthly I get into my sports tooo much :o and F1 is no exception so I always seem to have a view be it good or bad on the situation.

Finally Kimi was pressured into making mistakes, it obviously got too him after all if you won the title last year and was half way down the field wouldn't you feel pressured knowing you are the world champion and everyone expecting you to get on the top step of the podium ??????????????

I know I would, and I am guessing that every other driver (even Lewis!) would feel pressured and make mistakes, at the end of the day Lewis had the easier job, his main rival Kimi wasn't in the top 10 shootout, Kubica would have been pole if it wasn't for that little mistake he did and all Lewis had to do was drive fast and consistently knowing that his main rival had a slim chance of catching up.

I have said my peace !!!

I think after such a brilliant first season, Everyone's eyes have been and will be on hamilton, i dont think he is a wonder kid, i think he has skill and no doubt about it one of the best drivers on the track.

I just dont get why your criticising him, Kubica may have been doing well, and might of won, but no-one knows! as he made that mistake, a mistake which hamilton didnt make!

Kimi may have been in the good car, no doubt about it he is a brilliant driver!, it may take him longer to get used to the changes also

but he pushed it too far, he overshot corners!

Alonso played safe, he was very close to going off the track on many occassions, but he knew his limits, thats why he scored points and kimi didnt!

Kimi should of tried for points, not podium, after all, it is the first race of the season!

I support button, davidson and coulthard now, i just think davidson doesnt have the chance lewis had in joining mclaren for his first season, button, i would love for him to do well, honda looked pretty good today, i think he is a brilliant driver and would do really well in a faster car.

I have a feeling coulthard is nearing the end if his career soon, he did well today though, not too good last season

what happened to ralph schu? i didnt realise he didnt get offered a contract!

Nige I see what you are saying. You don't go by just nationality you go by skill. I also go by skill I think Kimi is a really good driver but I think Hamilton is better and I don't say that just because the media that is My opinion. Everyone is entitled to what they want to say. I'm very honored the a Caribbean decedent is in formula one. If I had the opportunity I could be where his is soon.