We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV: News (Warning Spoilers inside)

Nodz86

I get staff discount as well Nige :D, and i know of one major supplier that is shipping there's tomorrow. Which means a hell of a lot of people stand to receive the game on Monday.

Yeah shipping which means delivery to the local sorting department then onwards to the address from Monday lol.

I get to touch a copy of the 360 copy tommorow YAY :D !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right lets get back on topic with some info of the Mobli.

NEW GAME FEATURE

Niko's mobile phone is a powerful weapon. He can send and receive texts or calls to get updates on jobs, or sometimes arrange a night on the town. The phone has a camera too, allowing Niko to snap crooks and upload the photos onto a police car's onboard computer to identify them.

I just got my copy, but I dare not take on Live until tuesday (29th is official release day right?) for fear of my live account being axed. :D

If you take it on live the 29th you get banned anyway...

As by your achievements and savegames, anybody playing earlier then the official release, will be banned.

If its a completely different profile/GT (which of course means any saved games/achievements made would be irrelevant anyway when switching to online profile/GT), I doubt that would happen.

Agreed, if someone were to use their online profile/GT and unplug the xbox from the network until the 29th and play, they'd most likely be screwed on the 29th when plugging it back into the net. ;)

If its a completely different profile/GT (which of course means any saved games/achievements made would be irrelevant anyway when switching to online profile/GT), I doubt that would happen.

Agreed, if someone were to use their online profile/GT and unplug the xbox from the network until the 29th and play, they'd most likely be screwed on the 29th when plugging it back into the net. ;)

M$ ban an xbox not a profile so all profiles on that said xbox will be screwed.

Also the unplug thing does work, I know a few people that do it regular that aquire games a few days early. If you achieve achievements offline they do not register a time or date but if you go online on the release date and have completed most of the game then you may get screwed. Also xbox do normally give you a days grace as alot of people get games a day early due to suppliers making sure they get there for release date.

Upstairs neighbour works at local post depot down the road from me. Got chatting outside now and I mentioned I'm hoping for a a couple of packages next couple of days, he asked what, I said a game, he said "Is it being sent from the shop called Game?" I said yes, he said, They're all expected tomorrow but Game have made an arrangement with Royal Mail not to put them on delivery walks until Tuesday morning.

There is basically your proof that if you ordered GTA IV from Game you won't receive it until Tuesday morning :D.

I presume it will be the same from other online retailers aswell.

I guess it depends how you got hold of the title. If you purchase from a recognised/registered retailer then receiving a ban for playing a game is 100% illegal. What M$ should do is contact you and ask for details of your purchase.

If there is some wierd clause in then XBL user agreement then it would be an 'illegal contract' which make the whole thing void anyway!

Yeah but the point is that PSN is free, so getting a new account isn't as bad as it would be with the 360.

That makes no difference! Is so easy to set up a new live account and t=you get your first 'Gold' month for free, during which time its simple to cancel and transfer your old payment details without losing out.