We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BTCC & Motorsport: ITV4 *Brands Hatch 21st September 11:30PM*

Eudemon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of good action in these races actually, in the last race it was good to see Andrew Jordan getting his first podium and he looked absolutely delighted with it. Also good to see Shedden a fellow Scot winning it and as always Mat Jackson put up a good fight with his BMW and the onboard shots were stunning to see.

A lot of action and good close racing today, well worth watching.

I liked the fact that all through the weekdays over the last 3 weeks ITV had no live Tour De France coverage yet when there is some motor racing on they show live Tour De France, great work ITV although I'm not surprised :rolleyes:.

Anyway I only watched 10 mins or so of the first race and as usual some pretty good racing, not as good has DTM was an hour ago though :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We got the next round from Silverstone starting right now. Giovanardi needs to get 12 points more than Plato to win the Championship today so you can bet Plato and Seat won't want to see that but then again Vauxhall will so this should be a belter!

Wow now that was truly olskool flavour with Tim Harvey there, I mean to come from 15th to 1st with 2 laps to go is just crazy. He raced hard but clean, his lines, confidence and pace were above the rest and seriously it was incredible to watch the old man of the Carrera Cup literally school the rest in how to race in the wet!

Was anyone else lucky enough to see it?

• 3 weeks later...

Final races today at Brands Hatch and Fabrizio Giovannardi looks to be retaining his Championship if he can finish in his races tomorrow. Jason Plato could do it but it would take something magical and unfortunate to plague Vauxhall for the Seats to win.

ITV 11:30 the action starts, should be a brilliant end to the season not just for the Drivers Championship but also the Independents which is still open to a fair few drivers!!

I'll definitely be watching, how about you?

Brilliant end to the series and all the others like the Cupra Cup and Carrera Cup. Congrats to Fabrizio Giovannardi in retaining the Drivers Championship and also to Vauxhall for winning the team and manufacturers Championships. Big congrats to Team RAC in winning the Independents class and also huge respect to Mat Jackson for his 2 wins and stealing 2nd place in the Drivers Championship at the death! And also to Team Motorbase for giving a good show with their BMW's and for getting their first 2 drivers on the podium, I'm sure a 1-2 for those guys isn't far away.

Shame Seat are leaving the BTCC and Motor racing but it was interesting to hear Honda and others may be bringing in some works team themselves including perhaps a Works BMW team which would be a great battle against Vauxhall. Vauxhall's dominance must want to be stopped by someone and it would be great for the series to have more top teams vying for the win.

Can't wait for 2009 to see what teams we will be watching.

Vauxhall does it again :thumbsup: ........

Total dominance and yeah I wanna see some more manufacturers in the BTCC it will really make the series that more competitive.

Honda, Ford, Volvo are all names I heard while watching the races today and by the sounds of it more than one team is gonna come in, so watch this space ......