We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

All I can say is:

I'm currently working on the Tools 1.7 beta' date=' version which will be available about the 9th of February.[/quote']

Final version will be out a few days after, depending on beta feedback.

Concerning exp. features, I assume you'll find the first one in a beta state with the 1.7b, the second one, is rather complicated and I'm afraid only very few people will use it, like CarColors Editor.

To change car and brand names, I think it will be better to provide you from a code reference table that you will use with DBEditor ou your favourite text editor.... that's my today's feeling :)

---

2009-02-09, 8:38PM @ Paris

1.7 beta is there :p

Greetings to all : )

After installing the magic map, when I click those game events (e.g. races, time attacks, missions...), the info just show "loading data" and I am not able to enter the races. Being an offline player, is there any methods I can enter those events with the magic map installed??

Thank you and sorry for my poor English : )

Hi,

your problem can't be related to magic map, provided you're using right magic map file according to your tdu version;

you may always patch your original bnk1.map file with File Browser (Tools menu).

It seems to be a radial issue... have you tried to delete this radial.cdb file yet ? TDU Modding Tools can help you to do this, by creating a custom launcher. See online help for details :)

At the moment, Modding Tools 1.7 are not intended to end-users and are at an early state (that's why they are called beta). Moreover, user guide will be updated soon; and Patch Editor will have its own section (if it's what you are are referring to) for final version. Just let me have a rest please :)

Anyway, to add a car, manual steps work very well and are not really a pain imo.

Please check corresponding tutorials.

Hi,

your problem can't be related to magic map, provided you're using right magic map file according to your tdu version;

you may always patch your original bnk1.map file with File Browser (Tools menu).

It seems to be a radial issue... have you tried to delete this radial.cdb file yet ? TDU Modding Tools can help you to do this, by creating a custom launcher. See online help for details :)

tdu.jpg Thanks for your reply DJ : ) Right now my TDU version is 1.66 with megapatch, and the magic map I downloaded is the "default one". I have tried [original cars + original bnk], and the game runs smoothly, but once I try [original cars + magic map], then the events keep showing "loading data" and I cannot enter (like the pic I show here).

Weird thing... I remember of such a problem when I used a joypad and analog stick was mapped to directions on the map - thus preventing the cursor from locking onto a map spot.

You're the first person to report this issue with magic map. I'm afraid I can't help you. If anyone else has ideas ...

• 2 weeks later...

Modding Tools 1.7 released ! Download @ first post !

Main:

* Many bug fixes

* This release does not integrate Jeff Harris' BNK Editor anymore

* Replacing: 'size modifying' is now fully supported. So please use it.

* TDU's install folder is now automatically detected

* New wizard: Patch Editor

* New wizard: Names Editor. 1st part, vehicle name support.

* Online help : new style.

File Browser:

* File Details removed. Use magic Map instead!

* Deleted files are now moved to the recycle bin

DDS to 2DB:

* Modified interface: GO button more visible

* (beta) ability to convert without original 2DB file

2DB to DDS:

* Modified interface: GO button more visible

* "multiple conversion" mode : folder where 2DB are stored is now displayed as clickable link.

Hi,

- please ensure TDU folder is correctly set in File>Settings.... Does FileBrowser correctly display your TDU files and folders ?

- ModAndPlay! is a stand-alone tool able to run patches made with Patch Editor.

I'm currently writing about this subject in the guide.

So is it now possible to change car names with this tool?

[...]

Main:

* Many bug fixes

* This release does not integrate Jeff Harris' BNK Editor anymore

* Replacing: 'size modifying' is now fully supported. So please use it.

* TDU's install folder is now automatically detected

* New wizard: Patch Editor

* New wizard: Names Editor. 1st part, vehicle name support.

* Online help : new style.

[...]

Oh... maybe ? :D

---

Edit :

For those interested in changing car names, please refer to this dedicated thread: http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?p=166069#post166069

See ya :)