We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

I did understand, though I am saying you are pretty off-topic.

My answer about performance editing and server checking was to Zpectre. :)

About your request:

what dc300m1 did was just a dealer file swap (spots folder). tool did it months ago, too.

So like I said before, you should ask in Mod Talk for that.

BTW is this an entirely new vehicle with SSR data or an SSR replacement?
SSR replacement as new vehicles references are likely to be forbidden.

Well Djey that's fantastic! I really appreciate your work since TDU is my favourite racing game for PC. The only missing thing would be performance editing which could be halted because of the cheating but there's so many people with trainers that I don't think Atari would bother with changing speed of cars through editing of game files...

BTW is this an entirely new vehicle with SSR data or an SSR replacement?

Performance enhancing mods are not allowed on this forum, only visual modifications. We have allowed the engine damage mod as this does not aid you online or allow for cheating.

Since 1.66 patch, Atari have set a data checking feature up through their servers. It appears current car characteristics are compared with a clean TDU copy > disconnecting database modders in online.

So don't expect too much about performance editing. It could be really fair.

Cheaters with trainers are less affected... very disappointing once more.

That sucks... Maybe one day it will be possible to add completely new cars with new data, but I'd guess there's still a long way to go.

Actually my only interest in editing original cars would be to improve top speed of German cars which use limiters (because TDU treats them as aero speed limit instead of electronic) and fix broken upgrade stages like Corvette lvl 3.

Performance enhancing mods are not allowed on this forum, only visual modifications. We have allowed the engine damage mod as this does not aid you online or allow for cheating.

Do they even exist? :confused:

I don't think it's possible, as every vehicle in the game has seatbelts (except motorbikes, but you don't wanna swap a car with them :D ). At best we could remove all seatbelts so... not on specific cars.

Yet, changing IK with latest Modding Tools somehow fixes the seatbelts. Did you try to use either another IK set, or use one from the vehicle which is initially replaced by ?

- one file per vehicle, no that won't really work. As you can't add new file names. We could use and swap over default gauges and affect them to some cars, but they are few and it's not a clean solution.

- wheel size: yes, rim sets can be modified, so as sizes

- ride height: there's such settings somewhere (front / rear and max positions), but testing is needed. Moreover it could be checked by servers upon modifying.

No, please refer to roadmap (first post with link included) to see what will be going on :)

XMB support is definely not a priority, as some people are achieving great results in sound modding without it. There is already a bunch of work to do by TDU Database.

55 / 17 precisely. Goes the same for me.

On the one hand, I haven't added every car to the list, specifying you have to request for some cars/brands to be present in a names update.

Moreover, some car names can't be renamed as it may corrupt your game... due to database bugs (RS4, Edonis, Ascari). These one will never be added anyway.

On the other hand, if physics files couldn't be opened (meaning: how do you open files first ??),

how came you can view cars and brands list ?? There's something I don't understand in your problem.

Once again, you have to be more precise as I can't read in my balls :)

Yet, changing IK with latest Modding Tools somehow fixes the seatbelts. Did you try to use either another IK set, or use one from the vehicle which is initially replaced by ?

I haven't tried either IK or camera swaps because I had a question about them.

Are they both like the old-school method of changing paint colors, where it actually swaps the paint's positions in the list?

Example...

If I wanted to put a car mod on one of the McLaren F1 cars, but wanted a normal camera view, would the centered McLaren view then go onto the other car in the swap?

Or is it possible to just "use" a specific view (or IK rig) on a specific car without swapping them?

And about the seatbelts, a "delete all seatbelts" option would be cool :D

I haven't tried either IK or camera swaps because I had a question about them.

Are they both like the old-school method of changing paint colors, where it actually swaps the paint's positions in the list?

Example...

If I wanted to put a car mod on one of the McLaren F1 cars, but wanted a normal camera view, would the centered McLaren view then go onto the other car in the swap?

Or is it possible to just "use" a specific view (or IK rig) on a specific car without swapping them?

And about the seatbelts, a "delete all seatbelts" option would be cool :D

No, for example I can use the RT12's Camera and IK for all the cars. with the RT12 still having them.

@Djey, I can open the Physics file first(Shows nothing) then the brands file(shows 55, 17), but thats it.