We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WROOM : New Road Texture Mods [Tutorials]

Iced_Bullet

When you have everything sorted, try putting the new road lines on the original road surface - it's the best of both worlds. Kudo's for working out how to change the road surface and all that, but it's still fair to say it's not at the same standard as the original and probably looks reminiscent of the original Test Drive game :)

Iced - surely you'd just get them to reinstall TDU rather then upload those huge files (let alone I don't think it's legal to upload those files)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, original road surface + new lines = The best!

But yeah the new roads were amazing to start with, but then I reinstalled and fell in love with the new ones again. But with the new markings, you're allowed to overtake more oftern ;)

Iced - surely you'd just get them to reinstall TDU rather then upload those huge files (let alone I don't think it's legal to upload those files)

Reinstalling means loosing all the mods. And what's the difference to uploading those files to the new line .2db? It includes original one, created by Eden files, too ....

Hell, it's not even legal for us to be modding TDU in the first place!

Thanks Iced, downloading again :). And Ryzza, I've tryed re-installing it, and for some odd, odd reason the roads stayed modded.. I liked the new lines, yeh. Just that I thought the original roads fitted the character of the game more.. Not sure why, just does :)

Ok, finished downloading now :).

Could I just ask, how do you get it all back then? I'm pretty sure I know how, but I'd rather check than do something wrong.

I did that but they still all look like the modded roads!

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd329/maroonstigjlr/Untitled.jpg

EDIT: Never mind, got it to work. I thought you had to copy and paste the BNK itself, but you have to extract the files from each BNK and do what you did to get it in the first place.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd329/maroonstigjlr/Untitled-1.jpg

It looks a bit patchy when I'm moving though.. Any ideas?

I'm guessing you've installed it twice ... seeing as the date in the screenshot shows it to actually already be the original unmodified file. Try double clicking the testdriveunlimited.exe from here: C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited. Not from your start menu or desktop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cool. But why you dind't release a finished Folder or File? Then nobody need to do it forhimself ;) For some peoples - like me - isn't this easy ;)

So Please make oneFile and release it ;)

It will be 116Mb weight 0.o

I'm downloading maximum 40kb/s so... no thanks