We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Purvis Eureka PL30 Project

Tool831

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks great! but shouldn't it be a bit lower than that? the arches are miles above the tyres! it doesnt suit the car considering it looks so low-slung =/

Its suspension has been changed to gas shocks which are still been not used yet or had a decent amount of weight in the car etc, the ride height has been raised slightly with the new suspension put in, although.. With the ride height being higher just slightly the tyres look small which is actually true, eureka's came out with very small tyres for unknown reason. We will be getting new tyres due to these ones it has now are really old and cracking so they could burst if we continue not to change them and drive it etc, they will be upgraded to bigger tyres and new rims which is undecided on what rims at the moment. :)

Edit: I should also mention is has no front bumper or side skirts yet... So you may just wanna wait till they are put on. That sometimes can make it look alot higher.

Its Rear engine, 4 speed manual, I believe its 4 speed never actually checked that myself. The body sits on a VW Beetle 1600 Chassis with a adapter plate able to have a Alfa romeo motor. It also can have a Porsche motor but that would cost an arm and a leg to buy over here.

Yeah, Rear Engine, Rear Driven.

(it's the common format used for drivetrains, and why the MR2 is the worst name ever... MR is Mid engined, Rear drive, Toyota must have really been out of ideas when they dreamt that up)

RR - Rear Engine, Rear Drive

MR - Mid Engine, Rear Drive

FMR - Front-Mid Engine, Rear wheel drive (cars like the RX7 with the mass of the engine behind the axle)

FR - Front Engine, Rear Drive

F4 - Front Engine, 4WD

you get the idea...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Update: *And major bump*

Modding really took over but seeing im not doing TDU mods for awhile, I thought id bring this to life again. Myself and my dad now do have the motor starting etc, I will be doing a video later of it. Cannot run it for long though, we have some heating problems. Nothing that cannot be solved though. :D

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --