We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

It's all in the detail!

Eudemon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I dont remember where, but up around the star junction on the second island, you will find a cop pulled over searching someone's trunk. Its always there. Then the cop gets in his car and he sucks at driving really bad.

*At the very top right of the third island, theres a dirt road to the right of the burger shot that leads to an abandoned mansion. Theres a garage up there too. Behind it, theres a Sultan RS, a tuner with carbon fiber, blow off valve, and its really fast.. Handles good too.

This one cop did yeah, I turned the corner and heard the little siren and saw a black car in front of the cop who had his lights on which I never saw before unless they were after me or a fight was happening. So I stopped and watched as the guy in the black car waited in his car for the cop to get out of his, the cop then walked up to the window, put his arm on the top of the car and leaned in to speak to the driver.

He then said "Don't you think you were a little wreckless there?" or something like that then walked away from the car and back into his own and drove off.

Car damage is really good, everything can be destroyed, shot or jumped on, it's amazing what NaturalMotion's euphoria physics engine brings and adds to the game!

Thats amazing! I played GTA IV on my mates PS3 yesturday, was good fun!, I just love drivng cars into objects and fly though the windscreen! Quite funny :D And as your flying through the air, and hitting the floor blood splats appear where you hit the floor haha. Great game I must say, and I only played for 1 hour or so, the driving is good fun too, feels real when your slowly driving.

* Take someone drinking to the Pub where you play darts not the Steinberg Beer Garden but the other place, little Irish pub iirc, when you exit there is a stairway going down to the cellar, so push your mate over to it and they'll fall into it, then take Niko into it and watch hilarity ensue. :D

I tried this, and bugger all happened... well... that's not excactly true. A big biker looking guy came down with us. But it turned out, that he was just there to pick up the umbrella he was carrying.

So what is supposed to happen here?

im guessing that its to do with the impossibility to get bak up when you're drunk :P

on teh road to algonquin, from charge island, there is often a police car on the right, with cones aroud it, and theres usually a car infront of it, pressumably its a speed camera dude...

When in a car park the other day I saw this dude taking things from the trunk :D.

Its the little things like that, that makes you appreciate the game so much more.

To add to that if you move him out the way the boot will close and if he doesn't start a fight with you he will go back to it, open it up and continue what he was doing.

* Something i love now: Niko's hands are actually on the wheel properly as opposed to in front of it in SA and his turns the wheel like a normal steering wheel, not like a race-car like in all of the other GTA games. Steering wheel still doesn't move but oh well, can't have everything, eh?

* People have real conversations on their mobile phones.

* Listen to some people having a conversation on the street: sometimes someone says something they shouldn't or insults someone and they end up in an argument and sometimes in a fight. Then call the police on them :D.

* When i was standing outside the first safehouse (before IT happened) the police pulled over a taxi driver, told the taxi driver to "Step outside the vehicle and put your hands behind your head". When the taxi driver did so, the policeman shot him in the head for no reason and drove off :P.

About the above, when you injure someone or you see someone get injured and call the paramedics, they come and heal you, or say there is nothing wrong with you and drive off, leaving the injured pedestrian there to suffer! :(

- Going from a dark room to the light street results in your screen blurring for a second.

- When you enter gun shops etc, the lights flicker on, as if they're on movement sensors.

- When someone calls you whilst your in a car, you can hear the speakers crackling.

I am literally laughing my ass off right now, I'm messing about jumping off buildings and such and when leaving the medical centre a cop saw me, so I drove into his car and upturned it. I drove about 200 yards when I saw the car I have been after for ages, the (Bentley/Maybach cross) so I stopped to steal it. When I see a burgundy Camaro lookalike handbraking near me and out pops the cop who starts shooting at me, I'm paused just now so no idea if I'll die but one to add to the list.

* Cops will commandeer other peds cars if they're car is destroyed or upturned. :D

I am literally laughing my ass off right now, I'm messing about jumping off buildings and such and when leaving the medical centre a cop saw me, so I drove into his car and upturned it. I drove about 200 yards when I saw the car I have been after for ages, the (Bentley/Maybach cross) so I stopped to steal it. When I see a burgundy Camaro lookalike handbraking near me and out pops the cop who starts shooting at me, I'm paused just now so no idea if I'll die but one to add to the list.

* Cops will commandeer other peds cars if they're car is destroyed or upturned. :D

you beat me to it, i was about to post about this i saw this yesterday, but in slightly different circumstances i was running away from the cops, and the copper ended up crashing into a pole and the car stalled, so i just sat there and watching them trying to re-start it and the fat copper said "ahh (rude word) it " and waddled over to a motobike showed him a badge and hopped on, just for me to reverse and run him over. :D

diablo sounds like you enjoy causing the police force alot of trouble, you should join one of our multiplayer GTA nights, the coppa's don't know what hit em ( i do, it was me :D )

I will do sometime in the very near future mate but just now GTA IV is keeping me in it's story so much. Not to mention I've found the highest spot in GTA IV and can jump from it. lol Also been trying lately to leap out of helicopters and land on some car or other in the middle of the main district with all the advertising but I always just miss, I'll get it one day though !

Another one i forgot about:

* When you smash into a water hydrant and water is spraying up from it, get out of the car and walk into it, it knocks Niko over lmao :D.

the best thing to do is get on a moped and get a passenger, then drive into the fire hydrant, everything gets thrown up

A great thing I've just done is this:

Driving along in an SUV, on a beach, jumped over a hilly part, making the front wheels hit a ledge onto a pier, therefore rendering my front left wheel (not right as well) useless (not turning etc), as I had smashed my suspension and axle up! It looked pushed back as well! Awesome detail!

Driving along in an SUV, on a beach, jumped over a hilly part, making the front wheels hit a ledge onto a pier, therefore rendering my front left wheel (not right as well) useless (not turning etc), as I had smashed my suspension and axle up! It looked pushed back as well! Awesome detail!

Haha, i did that to my Banshee while trying to escape from a 4-star wanted level the other day. I was booting it down the road that Brucie's Autos is on (my favourite road in the whole game atm :D) and where it goes up to the right and then there's an opening on the left up the top of the sloped road (where Roman's old cab place is), i slid round the corner at the bottom of that sloped road and a police car came flying down the road, hit me like to the front-left side of my Banshee and sent me into the barrier. I drove off with my back-right wheel like that, it looked so cool and funny. Didn't get very far though, i eventually had to get out, fight myself into a 5-star wanted level and then die :D.

I just found out that older cars don't have ABS, and has anyone seen the 2007 Dodge Charger like the one in the Phil Bell video?

EDIT: I just got into a taxi and the cab driver threw garbage out the window! This game is modeled to much after New York! :)

Yeah, the cab driver always throws stuff out the window when i'm in it :D.

yeh, pretty much all cars have manufacturers, in some of my boredom i went out finding what manufacturer all teh cars were :P

so far i know that

Futo

Dillentantte

Intruder

are all karen

the vincent is a maibatsu (spent about half an hour focussing with a sniper to find the name XD)

a cool thing i did last night with nipper and johan...

basically, nipper and johan had wrecked a car to the extent that it would not start (like when in single player, niko says 'come on, start!')

dial 911 to get it going again

well basically, we discovered that if you push the non runner, it will eventually start, ala bump starting!

very cool!

basically, nipper and johan had wrecked a car to the extent that it would not start (like when in single player, niko says 'come on, start!')

dial 911 to get it going again

well basically, we discovered that if you push the non runner, it will eventually start, ala bump starting!

very cool!

I think Khevo and baldred were doing that last night when we were crashing cars down at the end of the peer.