We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Demo: GRID

Nodz86

XBL Demo: GRID

Content: GRID Demo

Price: Free

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] It's time to get on the GRID as this superb demo showcases racing in the three regions playable in the full game; Europe Touring Cars at Jarama Circuit, U.S Muscle cars at San Francisco and Japanese Drift Racing at Yokohama Docks. Compete online in the European and U.S races and check out the time trial competitions for the chance to win a car and other ace prizes.

From Major Nelson

From what I've heard it's one for the drifters, nothing decent about the physics or nothing, it's been called DiRT on racing circuits and with how false that was I'll let this one go by and watch as yet another decent racing game dies due to the dorifto fad. :(

From what I've heard it's one for the drifters, nothing decent about the physics or nothing, it's been called DiRT on racing circuits and with how false that was I'll let this one go by and watch as yet another decent racing game dies due to the dorifto fad. :(

I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen vid and picture waise that basically sums it up. Shame as ToCa was a very good game.

That's why i want it so bad, the only other good drifting game i've come across is F&F: Tokyo Drift for PS2 (brilliant, but just for drifting) and GTA:SA on PC was good too (with mods of course). The drifting scene is really destroying good racing games though, but the thing that annoys me is it is portrayed so wrong in the games. I know a lot of people in r/l in the drifting scene and it's nothing like in games. They don't shoot down mountainsides at midnight at 200mph with police range rovers chasing them.

ToCA and ToCA 2 were immense !! Even on the old PlsyStation that game felt amazing, weather, AI that raced you, pit chatter, upto 20 on the grid and the damage that affected your car.

When Race Driver went all for every motorsport under the sun they lost it, they should have stayed with Touring Cars but across the world. Like DTM, V8, WTCC, Super GT (Japanese) etc... ToCA was always about the racing imo.

It seems now that every racing game with cars always has to cater to drifting and this spoils the game usually and takes away from the core of what they should be, pure circuit racers where if you drift you're last, simple as.

Let the drifters have their fun but don't cater to them, if the physics engine is any good then powersliding and drifting shouldn't need a special feature or section of the game, it should just be done within the limits of the physics engine itself ala Forza 2 and GT5 P (console wise).

The thing is, is we don't need a game to cater to our driving style. Games like Forza, GT and TDU don't cater to us but we have fun drifting with the normal physics. Drifting takes a lot of skill so, i don't know about any other drifters, but i like the challenge. I hate it in games like NFS:U2/C/PS when it's so easy to initiate a slide and hold it. The worst game for that is OutRun, but that's fun because it's quite fast. Diablo couldn't be more right. It's when games start to cater to drifters that they go wrong. Forza makes me happy because it has good physics and drifting is fun in it, and what's better is they put a few mountain tracks in there. They still weren't trying to give drifters something fun to do then, it's just enjoyable for everyone, and drifting got a lot of fun out of it.

ToCA and ToCA 2 were immense !! Even on the old PlsyStation that game felt amazing, weather, AI that raced you, pit chatter, upto 20 on the grid and the damage that affected your car.

I loved (still do) that game :D

Jason Plato as an opponent, and it sounded like Tiff Needell talking :D

Played it (albeit rather breifly) and wow its a pretty game and great sounds too. I was expecting a bit more though. DiRT had me hooked as soon as I satrted playing, this just seems a little lack-lustre.

Not on my to buy list.

Played almost all day today on Grid, played mad races with the BMW 330i and the Mustang GTR concept. Car is fun with people who are used to PGR4 and they can't stand the damage. I got used it it pretty fast cause I'm just used to games like that.

Drifting without a wheel is very hard for me, I guess I'm going to get the game for both 360 and PC, so that I could use my well deserved G25.

Well when my 360 comes back I'll check it out. Tbh I got fed up with the race driver games, the car selection was very poor and the best vehicles you got were Vipers and Ford GT's *yawn*

Plus drifting modes in a game don't interest me in the least, If a driving game is good you should be able to drift anyway, just avoid it to keep your speed.

the cars pivot from the centre just like DiRT, they've made the game easier.
Gah.. that sounds horrible! Definitely have to wait for the demo before buying then. Don't they realise the vast majority of cars don't have 4WS?

All this talk of the old ToCa games are making me want them on XBL but as they where only on ps they may only make it on the PSN equivelent if ever.

[starts Thinking] Didn't psp get the ability to download ps1 games on the psp store? oo and I have ToCa 2 still might have to go and have a play

Sorry for the double post but just played the PC version and it's still got all the old control bugs. The demo still doesn't remember your settings even after you are made to create a profile.

Then setting up the graphics you are made to restart the game but the game doesn't remember your profile so you are stuck in a loop.

I know it's just a demo but by now they should have sorted the problems with all their racing demos.

Then starting the first race you just may as well forget a wheel no force feedback at all.

Then don't get me started on the handling it's still the same as all the other new Race Drivers. A step backward from Toca 1 and 2. :mad:

I'm just glad the PC have GTR2 and Race 07 I feel sorry for you 360 guys.

Yup agreed with most of the above - I'd like to be able to evaluate the demo better, but I have both the control saving problem, and a worse graphical glitch that makes racing about as much fun as a migraine. It's a known problem (mentioned in the readme) but until it's fixed I can't play.

The few seconds I could stand it were okish, on a pad, but I didn't play for long enough to get a proper opinion.