We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cadillac CTS V breaks Nurburgring record !!!

Nige

The title says it all really:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cts-v-breaks-nurburgring-record-fastest-lap-time-for-a-sedan.html

Cadillac today reported its CTS-V sedan achieved a record 7 minutes 59.32 seconds lap time at Germany's famed Nurburgring test track. The sub-8-minute lap is the fastest ever documented for a production sedan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Yanks can't make good cars :rolleyes:.

Ha ha I feel sorry for you Eurosnobs ..........

It must be heartbreaking :rolleyes:.

(awaits for the barrage of eurosnob snobbery !!!)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, cause you would spend 7 minuites with the damn thing going 'dong' every 4 seconds...

looks like a Bin Lorry, sounds like a Bin Lorry, and contains as much Bin-Bag quality plastic as a Bin Lorry

£50 says that when its not being thrashed it is as comfortable as sitting on an angry crocodile, just like the Z06. Made to go fast around a track, impossible to live with.

I'd honestly take an MG ZT over it...

See guys this is why I feel sorry for the American car manufacturers, no matter what they do or they do it Eurosnobs will always find something to criticise :(.

Cadillac could build a car better than all the european manufacturers put together and guess what Eurosnobs will find some pathetic excuse to criticise it like:

'yeah well it hasn't got a German badge on it'

'well I bet it can't got round a corner'

'fuel economy is bad'

All of which are slowly becoming invalid answers against American cars whether you like it or not !!!

I just said i'd prefer an MG ZT 260. its a british car with awful build quality that gets 10mpg and slides around corners like a mad thing. that hasnt got a german badge neither, and the engine is ford...

however, despite being sport tuned, you know that it will take you to and from work, and whilst being compromised in comfort from the exec saloon, it will still be pretty nice to drive.

The caddy, will not be. they went full out on the sports end, and none of the luxury, and being american, they need to work on that alot!

Notice that, with the exception of the lotus carlton, all the big sports saloons have been luxury brands that have added a little spice to their models.

Look at the best sports saloons we have now:

Maybach 62

Bentley Arnage

Audi RS6

BMW M5

Mercedes CLK

Jaguar XFR

Maserati GranTurismo

Notice these cars are daily drivers, and you can actually live with them. Caddilac has never been teh pinnacle of interior flare, and i doubt that putting all the power in and making it go around the 'ring sub 8 minuites is going to help.

the words 'suspension like concrete' come to mind

Apart from the German badge comment nige, i don't see any American car's with German badges. And i'm proud to say i'm a Euro snob, where are fiat's made again nige?

ITALY

:D

I can't afford an American car hence why I drive an Italian supermini (40+ mpg FTW :D !!!).

But then again aren't the French & Italians criticised for not having 'german' reliability & prestige ???????

I think you will find they are.

So basically a Eurosnob is somebody who criticises a car that isn't upto German standards.

Which brings me onto my next point most Eurosnobs are first to criticise the interior of an American car but just look at the price difference, would you expect a car that is a good 15-20% cheaper to have a similiar quality interior inside ????

But I would rather spend my money on a second hand VW Golf and know that I am getting a reliable, well-made product than spend it on an American car which will get from the showroom to the end of the road before:

1. It breaks down and falls to pieces

or

2. I get fed up in the first 5mins and attack it with a large weapon

Exactly, thats the problem. Everything is built to a budget, Sadly the whole budget for a Cadillac is what the European car manufactures spend on cupholders.

Cadillacs serve two demographics, Pimps and Pensioners.

Imagine the money you would waste on shower water if you bought a Cadillac

You would drive down the road a bit, stop, say to yourself 'Ohhh dear, Im in a Cadillac', vomit, walk home and you would have to take a shower to get the Cadillac of you.

And from now on, Im not spelling cadillac with a capital 'C', as it doesnt deserve it

Nige the Ring Taxi drivers can't do less than 8min 30secs and they believe that it can do 7:55 fairly confidently. Plus when has a production saloon had a rollcage fitted as standard? This is not a production version and that sub 8min record by a saloon is complete crap, many 4 doors have done sub 8mins.

Nige the Ring Taxi drivers can't do less than 8min 30secs and they believe that it can do 7:55 fairly confidently. Plus when has a production saloon had a rollcage fitted as standard? This is not a production version and that sub 8min record by a saloon is complete crap, many 4 doors have done sub 8mins.

Well tbh I was abit suspicious but I thought 'hell its the CTS-V its not many times I have a genuine reason to big it up !'

I dunno, the news seems to be doing its rounds on internet forums at the moment so its pretty big news :).