We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Quick Forum Mark Read

Eudemon

Just found this out accidentally as I was trying something but if you have read a Forum and are back on the main forum index and the last post still shows as the one you read but the icon still shows as New Posts, well just double click the image and it will automatically be marked as Read.

Niccccccceeeee I think you'll agree. :D

Double click me to mark forum as read

forum_new.gif

Nope I usually just Mark as Read from the bottom or Quicklinks and I knew the double worked on threads as in Lock/Unlock but never knew about the main forums. Ah well if you knew brilliant, if you didn't, brillianter. ;)

[e:] I actually knew about this from vB 3.6.x days but I figured posting it like above made more sense and it makes people feel better. I discovered it at FC after I found the quick lock/unlock as I was using that feature a lot on the drifters!

Going back on topic (sorry to spoil the fun), am i the only one who doesn't mark the forum as read yet when ever i log on it only comes up with new posts since the last time i was on?? I think this may have something to do with I only click on new posts link next to log out I never look through the sections.

Going back on topic (sorry to spoil the fun), am i the only one who doesn't mark the forum as read yet when ever i log on it only comes up with new posts since the last time i was on?? I think this may have something to do with I only click on new posts link next to log out I never look through the sections.

I do exactly that also