We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CoD5 Joy Or sorrow

CarMadMike

Normally we are jumping with joy when we get details of a new game in a series of hits. However, Call of Duty is being made by Treyarch and IS going back to World War II... Yay ?

Sarcasm aside, we do beleive that this may cause a few dissapointments amongst its huge fanbase around the world as well as putting a few people off the series. Anyway, here are those details that we’ve all sort-of been waiting for.

Thanks to Qj.net for the info.

For the first time in the series, it was confirmed that there will finally be a co-op campaign mode. In addition, there will also be vehicles and squad-based elements included in the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Call of Duty 5 will return to its more historical roots as the game will be set in the Pacific theater of World War II As for which platforms CoD5 will be released on, it was revealed that it will ship out on all the major consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii), along with its obligatory PC version.

The Wii version of the game will have a different team working on it, though. The most likely reason behind this is the fact that CoD5 for the Wii will make use of its own set of peripherals, such as the Wii Zapper. However, all the available platforms will have one thing in common - the rehashing of the Call of Duty 4 engine.

Videogamer 24/7 - "The opening scene of the first level we are shown is a Japanese commander stubbing a cigarette out in the eye of a prisoner before slitting his throat - the blood splatters and dribbles down the side of the tent you are being held in. He turns towards you to deal out the same treatment but help arrives just in time. Cue a daring level-long escape."

Im not sure on this yet :oook:

I personally like WW2 so I'm cool with it. Expect a backlash though, I know 90% of people on COD4 are fed up with WW2 and they all hate Treyarch. Anyone who hated COD3 should probably just wait for COD6 and miss 5 altogether. Activision feel the need to milk the franchise on a yearly basis so they split it between the two studios. So you end up with a series of games that aren't all alike.

• 2 weeks later...

Call of Duty 5 - World at War

It's going to be crap I think, so don't bother getting your hopes up as of yet. It's not being developed by Activision or Ifinity Ward.

You know Call of Duty 2 ** Big Red One and Call of Duty 3, were developed by Treyarch, and those games sucked, and Treyarch are making Cod5 so it will be crap as well.

Cod5 will be using a CoD4 engine, and they will be improving on the lighting and physics of the game.

This game isn't on my 2008 Games list anyway.