We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTR: Evolution comes to the PC.

Mb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it too. And I see your doing a Fraps video already :rolleyes: :p

Would you expect anything less from me. :cheeky:

got it too ...great my fav cars are bmw m3 e30 bmw 320 and the z4 and the m3 gtr and the audi r8

I have only tried these in the video so far. The noise of the Saleen is breath taking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've finally got my pad set up for GTR:E halfway decent - at last I can enjoy the game!

Still need a bit of tweaking, but it's more or less controllable now. Fantastic game for a quick blast, can really tell the difference between cars and setups - even just going from WTCC 06 to 07 is a noticeable change. Oh and the nurburgring is fantastic!

My only complaints so far are that the map is too zoomed in - by the time you see a corner it's too late, and braking seems a bit odd so far - I can't brake anything like as sharply as the AI cars, even with the aids turned on. It could be the AI cars aren't quite right - I don't like the difficulty adjustment as it just seems to kill their top speeds which makes races quite boring.

Glad to hear about another GTR Evo racer. ;)

The AI are good for a race sim but far from perfect, they fight hard not to let you passed but give up once you have. I find setting the AI strength to 97% gives some good races. ;)

There is a good Q & A here from Simbin that's worth a read: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=328714

They talk about the AI, limits to the ISI engine and how they plan to fix this with the Lizard engine for Race Pro.

I now own a dedicated server for GTR Evo. It's still under constant reconfiguration to get the best racing experience. It's currently running WTCC races with 6 laps.

The server name is RBHracingUK

Here is a video I did of how much fun you can have racing online. Or how harsh it is if the luck's not on your side.

I now own a dedicated server for GTR Evo. It's still under constant reconfiguration to get the best racing experience. It's currently running WTCC races with 6 laps.

The server name is RBHracingUK

I tried to join today.. your server isn't running the most recent version though, so I couldn't :(

But boy, 6 laps of the nordschlthingy!

I struggle with 3 laps around valencia at the moment :p