We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Welcome to 1984 !

YeOldeTDUMan

If this does go through it will not stop the file sharing and the use of P2P networks, simply because on some of these programs give you an option to encrypt all the data you send and receive through these P2P networks. It is possible for the ISP's to see what the data being sent actually is but it takes a lot of computing power and time to do so.

the whole ... 'countries deciding what programmes it allows to access the net' is the worrying thing

too many rules ... which in my mind isn't what 'the net' is about

They will bring out newer versions of the banned programs that can get onto the internet. They will never stop file sharing, the only way would be to arrest every single person who does it or just stop the whole internet, neither of which will ever happen

the whole ... 'countries deciding what programmes it allows to access the net' is the worrying thing

too many rules ... which in my mind isn't what 'the net' is about

You're completely right. The great thing about the net is it's freedom, and you have freedom of speech there. The government is controlling too much now. On the news the past couple of days there has been some woman telling us how much to buy (food-wise), how to store it etc. and on the back of Kit-Kat bars now, it tells you how to eat them!!!!

They're controlling WAYY too much :p.

So what if I do download free music (Just for the record I don't even know what p2p software is !) it isn't harming the artist is it they earn more than enough from gigs to keep them in their drug ridden lifestyle.

What is the world coming too ???????

So what if I do download free music (Just for the record I don't even know what p2p software is !) it isn't harming the artist is it they earn more than enough from gigs to keep them in their drug ridden lifestyle.

What is the world coming too ???????

P2P is peer to peer, It's where people download files from other people's computers, limewire(must spit after saying that) and utorrent. It's how people download pirated music, films, games etc.

P2P is peer to peer, It's where people download files from other people's computers, limewire(must spit after saying that) and utorrent. It's how people download pirated music, films, games etc.

I know what it is, I was being sarastic lol :p.

Thought this was something to do with Ashes to Ashes at first.

As Hybrid said the worrying bit about it is the bit about Skype and Firefox as if they have to get certified and fail that means MS will have more power than they do now as most of theres will be lisenced.

If they owned up and said this was just to ban p2p then that would be fine imo. It is illigal and its the govenments job to stop it. Its the fact that, as hybrid said, that countrys will control the internet, not really a World Wide Web then is it.

If they owned up and said this was just to ban p2p then that would be fine imo. It is illigal and its the govenments job to stop it. Its the fact that, as hybrid said, that countrys will control the internet, not really a World Wide Web then is it.

You're completely right. The funny thing is that all these adverts and that all say about downloading free music and films and such is illegal, but it isn't. There is actually no law against it. It's only illegal to upload music and films if you haven't got the licencing and permission to do so, because that is breaking that rule about copying it and giving it to people.

Well my issue isn't with the whole file sharing/p2p stuff as I don't personally do any of that

my issue is with programmes may have to be 'certified' to be used in a country ... we all know how much fun it is for someone like MS to certify a game ... imagine our government certifying programmes ! ... oh and don't forget, not too long ago the French tried to ban iTunes!

on the back of Kit-Kat bars now, it tells you how to eat them!

I wasn't aware any special precautions were to be made before and during the practice of eating a Kit Kat bar. :rolleyes:

As for trying to ban P2P stuff, let them... See how fast the underground pirates find another way of distributing media.