We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

SIMBINS RACE PRO for Xbox 360 [UPDATE: 29th November]

Eudemon

[uPDATE #1:] Release Date and Boxart revealed (thanks to BADNED)

Release Date: 13th November 2008 PAL / N/A NTSC

PAL Boxart

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Official Web Site:

Trailers:

* [sD Promo Trailer released 18th July 2008]

Thanks to the infamous BADNED at Forzacentral

Press Release and first screens below:

ATARI REVS ITS ENGINES WITH THE ULTRA REALISTIC RACING EXPERIENCE ‘RACE PRO’

- Nothing Gets Closer to the Real Thrill of the Race Track on Xbox 360 this Autumn 2008 -

LYON, FRANCE – 11 July 2008 – Atari is revving it up with the announcement of the ultra realistic racing video game RACE Pro, scheduled to speed into stores this autumn 2008 exclusively for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Developed by renowned award-winning game developer SimBin, a leading creator of PC racing simulators, RACE Pro brings SimBin’s formidable skill and know-how to Xbox 360 for the very first time this autumn.

RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience, all powered by Lizard, SimBin’s own physics engine. With precision physics and handling, racers will feel every bend and burst of acceleration along with every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to the exhilaration of capturing the checker flag. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks. Putting players in the driving seats of their simulated racing careers, racers will have the opportunity to work their way up the leader boards through intense training and winning key races. RACE Pro has something for everyone, allowing players of all levels to pick up and play, while offering challenging tracks and advanced modes for the more experienced players.

RACE Pro offers a wealth of cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, as well as a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. GT cars from manufacturers including Aston Martin and Saleen take their place on the grid as well as production cars such as the Audi R8 and Dodge Viper SRT10. In addition, RACE Pro is exclusively bringing all the WTCC cars from manufacturers Alfa Romeo, BMW, Chevrolet and Seat to Xbox 360 for the very first time. For a blast of accessible fun, the Mini Cooper Challenge invites players of all abilities to take the wheel.

Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.

“With five years worth of experience under SimBin’s belt, RACE Pro ensures a unique racing experience unlike anything seen before on console,” said Cyril Voiron, VP Brand Management, Worldwide Publishing, Atari. “Nothing gets you closer to the ultimate racing sensation than RACE Pro and Atari is proud to add this product to our holiday line-up.”

“Having personally taken the leap from 20 years of championship racing to racing simulation development, I am really excited for SimBin to be taking its own leap from PC to Xbox 360,” said Henrik Roos, CEO, SimBin Studios AB. “We are proud to be taking this significant move with Atari, our trusted partner since our very first game.”

Online play via Xbox Live® online game service and System Link support lets up to 12 players take on equally high-powered opponents and test their skills to the limit to reach the finish line ahead of the pack. For friends closer to home, the brand new ‘Hot Seat’ feature puts players in the driving seat for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player and so on, demanding exceptionally quick reactions and precision racing from even the most seasoned drivers.

Nothing gets closer than RACE Pro, the ultra real racing simulation game exclusive to Xbox 360, scheduled for release this fall 2008.

(website seems to be acting up on the images)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (xs.to) -- -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (xs.to) -- -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (xs.to) --

Seriously, before everybody nags on GRID, have you even tried the FULL game?

I'm sick of hearing: "GRID sucks" "Got bad drift physics" etc. etc.

The cars are set up for drifting.. Like in real life.. Do you think it was beginners luck that Nick Hogan succesfully drifted brilliantly in a drift tuned Dodge? No. I know I might sound mad, and I might be, but seriously, it's not as bad as everyone says. I bet half of the people who are talking bad about GRID, just got it from either a game review, or a pissed DEMO player. Thanks for listening, have a nice evening.

Mod Edit: Please watch your language.

Guest RB26DETT

yeah. i heard the actual game is loads better than the demo.

question, is this like the GTR Evolution port you guys are getting for the 360? it's made by simbin too.

yeah. i heard the actual game is loads better than the demo.

question, is this like the GTR Evolution port you guys are getting for the 360? it's made by simbin too.

GTR Evolution is only for PC at this time. Simbin has GTR on their website for 360 but that was there 2 years ago.

Guest RB26DETT

i see. so it's not going to be the same game the PC's getting. i thought it was like a port seeing as they're both under Simbin. oh well. :p

Aquila in response to your post the first thing I think you should note is nobody is comparing this game to GRID in the drifting aspects as thankfully this game is about the racing and will be the game most people wanted GRID to be, ie racing series' from around the world with good accurate physics and close contended and above all fair racing. GRID has went to an arcade side moreso than ever so to have GTR for 360 is huge to many people and tbh I can't wait as this is going to be all about the racing, something even Forza couldn't do properly.

The cars are set up for drifting.. Like in real life.. Do you think it was beginners luck that Nick Hogan succesfully drifted brilliantly in a drift tuned Dodge? No. I know I might sound mad, and I might be, but seriously, it's not as bad as everyone says. I bet half of the people who are talking bad about GRID, just got it from either a game review, or a pissed DEMO player. Thanks for listening, have a nice evening.

I picked up the full game about 2 weeks ago, and sure, it was better than the demo and it was quite fun for about 2 hours, but i still hated the physics and it was still a huge disappointment. And i know what cars that are set up to drift handle like and they're nothing like drifting in GRiD.

I picked up the full game about 2 weeks ago, and sure, it was better than the demo and it was quite fun for about 2 hours, but i still hated the physics and it was still a huge disappointment. And i know what cars that are set up to drift handle like and they're nothing like drifting in GRiD.

You're what, 14 years old, and you tried them? I doubt it. If so, I would like to see pictures. Or how do you know then? I'm not saying that GRID is 100% accurate in the sense of physics or anything, I'm just saying people are giving it a hard time for no reason at all.

Diablo: I know GRID is an arcade racer, and it's supposed to be fun, for the "less serious drivers", but as I stated earlier in this post, I think GRID is getting a hard time, for no reason at all.

Yea don't knock GRID it's good fun. It certainly isn't a race sim, it's a casual racing game that just so happens to feature race cars and proper circuits. This new Simbin games physics would surely be better off compared to Forza or another proper race sim. If you played the demo of GRID and then went out and bought it expecting realism then you were foolish.

Sorry DriftNismo, but I really don't think you can comment. You're not even old enough to drive. Yea sure you can tell a car wouldnt behave in the way it does on GRID with such little effort but until I witness you sliding through the mountains above Tokyo in an S15 I'm not interested.

I hope there is a demo of this, I'd like to have a go and see what it's like. I'm not too great at sim games but I'll give anything a go.

You're what, 14 years old, and you tried them? I doubt it. If so, I would like to see pictures. Or how do you know then? I'm not saying that GRID is 100% accurate in the sense of physics or anything, I'm just saying people are giving it a hard time for no reason at all.

LOL, your only 15! So your argument has gone straight down the pan, despite its validity!

Besides people are giving Grid a hard time because they don't like it... its all just opinion. :)

Anyway, whilst I'm not really a sim racer... I too am looking forward to this even though it may well get in the way of a much better game.

ROFL, just cos a car is set up for drifting does not mean they slide at the slightest touch of throttle, REAL D1 cars can be used in touge racing, and they have been, just youtube D1 touge... You wouldn't be able to drive around the circuit properly quick with the D1 cars in GRID, I have played the full version on both X360 and PC with a G25. I didn't notice a difference in the physics between demo and full version TBH, they both sucked more than a dyson on steroids.

/rant

/ontopic I will wait to see about this GTR X360 game, from past experience GTR2 is undriveable without a good wheel, and the M$ wheel is not a good wheel by any means. I hope they tweak the physics and controls for the 360, for the better. After all, GTR2 has a shedload of buttons that won't fit on a controller. (Headlights, window wipers, brake balance, allsorts of crazy stuff :D)

Diablo: I know GRID is an arcade racer, and it's supposed to be fun, for the "less serious drivers", but as I stated earlier in this post, I think GRID is getting a hard time, for no reason at all.

I'm not saying i tried them, but i've been in a fair share and they don't slide as much as GRiD. I do apologise for giving GRiD a hard time though, yeah, it is meant to be fun, it's just i expected more from Toca and i was very disappointed.

LOL, your only 15! So your argument has gone straight down the pan, despite its validity!

Well, I never claimed to know how the drift car works in and out, did I? No, so please, don't use that. All I was saying was, that "drift spec" cars, are easier to drift than your average car, because it's been optimised for it.

Nipper: I know that, and once again, I never said that GRID was realistic, I just said that people need to think a bit more about what they say, when they say drift physics.

Nismo: I never really tried the real TOCA, but I've heard that it was a sim racer, correct me if I'm wrong. And yes, GRID is DiRT on asphalt, I agree, and yes, GRID should've been more of a simulation, and yet again, should it? If it was a 100% accurate sim-racer, good luck with the 24 hours of Le Mans! I mean, people need to chill out, it's just a game, in this case, an arcade game, and that's the way the developers made it, and that's how we should accept it. Who knows, maybe Codemasters have got some Sim in the works? We might never know.