We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV PC Discussion

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though the max with those new motherboards was 16 GB DDR3.

Why dont you wait for the new intel core i7 processors ? They are a lot faster than the Quad but you need a new motherboard for that i though.

I've always preferred AMD to Intel for a few reasons. And my K85AE can only support up to 16GB (which I have right now, but DDR2) but the new Sun workstation motherboards support up to 64GB DDR3 and I've been thinking of a new motherboard for a while now, mainly for PCI-E slots, because mine has PCI-X slots and I've been lucky enough to get so much power out of an AGP card as it is (ATi Radeon X1950 Pro Sapphire 512MB) but I highly doubt they will continue to make AGP cards for much longer now, so it just gives me more excuses to get a new motherboard, chipset and more RAM (basically a whole computer re-build) :p.

Hmm, I'm still thinking about this.

I have GTA IV PC on pre-order because I'm a GTA fanboy. From reviews though, Saints Row 2 is more fun than GTA IV. And isn't that the point of sandbox games?!

I.e. you have your cousin constantly calling you up in GTA IV. None of that in SR2. In GTA IV you can't really customise your character, in SR2 you can create your character from scratch then dress them in almost anything.

SR2, to me, looks almost like a new version of GTA SA. Basically, a proper mad sandbox game with all sorts of silly things to play with.

I think I may order SR2 for PC too.

I have GTA IV PC on pre-order because I'm a GTA fanboy. From reviews though, Saints Row 2 is more fun than GTA IV. And isn't that the point of sandbox games?!

I.e. you have your cousin constantly calling you up in GTA IV. None of that in SR2. In GTA IV you can't really customise your character, in SR2 you can create your character from scratch then dress them in almost anything.

SR2, to me, looks almost like a new version of GTA SA. Basically, a proper mad sandbox game with all sorts of silly things to play with.

I'm getting SR2 for PC as well, but everyone I know say SR2 is terrible, that's why I haven't got it for PS3. It completely depends on what you want from the game though. If you just want something you can customize then use a lot, go with Saints Row. But if you want a good story line, cool people in the game, a big map and loads of activities and missions to do, go with GTA. It's just a shame GTA:IV wasn't like that :p (was referring to SA mostly).

I think you should go for GTA IV, because it looks better and there are a lot off things you can do in GTA IV. But SR2 also a good game (not the graphiqs) You can really do crazy stuff in SR2 like streaking and use the electric gun etc.... but i dont think its worth 60 Euro.

Wow, I just realized that it is already for sale on the PC :S

What is?

Because neither are on sale in the UK yet. For PC, that is.

Also, to the 2 posts above, I have both on pre-order from play.com, lol.

I found out that SR2 multi-player apparently has all the traffic and civilians too, just like GTA IV...

Guest LeetPix

New system requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz

Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)

18 GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

man i so hope my laptop can run this game on a good enough setting (medium-high)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.27ghz (rated at 5.77ghz)

Memory: 3GB

Graphics Card: 512MB 9600m GT (wayyy overclocked..max everything on rivatuner)

• 3 weeks later...
Um...... Grand theft auto 4 already has multiplayer.

yes, but i really sucks compared to MTA and SA-MP. I used to play SA-MP a lott, but i have stopped. Its really good, you need to earn money for weapons, minigames (like snipermaddness, rocket party, dildospanking, races etc...) it depends on the server, but you can do much more than on the GTA IV MP

I'm gonna get it. It has multiplayer, right?

Yes it has support for 32 players online. :)

Not long now I hope the delay is not going to go world wide but my thoughts do go to those in India at these troubled times. :(

http://theangrypixel.com/blog/2008/11/27/gta-iv-pc-delayed-after-mumbai-massacre/

At this time the delay for GTAIV is only for India.

The internet is alight with rumors about DRM in GTA IV so IGN asked Rockstar directly.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/934/934268p1.html

I think this is fair but lots are hating this right now. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with this. I think Rockstar have done everything they can to make the DRM go as smoothly as possible.

And now GFW-Live is free why dose everyone hate it? I think it works well for games not using steam for finding friends playing online.

What dose everyone here think?

I cant see any problems with DRM especially if you have a legal copy! thats all it is there for.

If you do run out of activations and have a legal reason for that then they cant really hold back in getting it re-activated.

Think of it this way any one who has the downloaded version of rFactor bought from try-media when you have used your re-activations you just email them and they re-set it. I have done this in the past.

Well, I don't think there's problems with DRM in GTA IV as it seems you can install it as many times you like, on as many computers you like. Also it's good that you can activate it in other ways besides internet, so people who doesn't have an internet connection can still play the single-player.