We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Failiures and Winners

you guessed it by the title, cars that we're failiures from the start and the ones that were winners from the start, 1 of each per post and please do not flame.

i'll do one...some think of this as a good car...i say its a failiure.

the Mercedez Benz CLK-GTR

simply put the CLK-GTR is a rip off, at over £1,000,000 it cant even do 200 MP/H, its Fugly and its not exactly worth the money

Now for my winner

the '95 Mclaren F1 LM

Now, for the price of the road going versions, its a bargain at well under £400,000

being able to do 225MP/H

although it has no audio system and its loudness means a headset is needed, it is an amazing car for the year and price.

the loser: SCC Ultimate Aero, it got so many more horse power, and weigt is that less, compared to veyron, that it should be faster that just a few miles more!

the winner: Ford mondeo ST220 (old one) looks stunning, drives fantastic and is really cheap for a car like that!

Winner: Austin Mini Cooper

Small, cheap, efficient, stylish, charming, very british, original design, small outside, relatively spacious inside

Loser: BMW Mini Cooper

Obese, bad copy of original brilliance, larger than most hatchbacks (let alone superminis) cramped inside, german, heavy, plain, not remotely groundbreaking

I honestly think the Mini metro was a better successor

Guest RB26DETT

Loser: My Corolla, it was a lemon when we bought it brand new.

Winner: My Corolla, after spending a lot of money on part replacements.

Lol. Does that count? :p

Failure: Chery QQ

A badly-made rip-off of somebody else's design. So flimsy that everything will fall off if you so much as kick a tire. If you're in a crash, good luck, because not even Physics will save you (unlike that other badly made Chinese SUV - perhaps)

Winner: Daewoo Matiz

For being cheap and cheerful, and most importantly not being a Chery QQ

OK Firstly the G-Wiz ISN'T a car it's a QUADRACYCLE ... hence it doens't have to do the same tests

As to the Chinese ... they have their own regs which are way behind ECE, Federal and Japanese regs ... however they are trying to imrove things ... think of them as Korea when they first started out ... give them 5-10 years and there should be some good cars from them ... as long as they stop copying the look of western cars.

OK now to my choices ...

Winner : Mini (and I'm not talking about that BMW rubbish)

A car that bridged classes and lasted a long time

Loser : MG SV

A combination of MG, Quvale (spelling might be out there) and an American V8 - I think they sold about 5 in the end!

Gixxerkart

Gixxerkart = FAIL.

It isn't a kart, its just a hand made piece of crap that can only go in straight lines.

Anyway

Winner: Mclaren F1

Looks great, good acceleration and speed, gold lining, motor racing history what more do you want?

Loser: Anything Skoda.

We know why. :)