We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

4x4 HUMMER

ShadowGT

Saw a preview of this in a local PC gaming mag & it looks promising. Picture TDU in 4x4's & Off road. Pretty much anything can be changed in the 4x4's such as the 4wd mode, Low range gearing, GPS (yes you can even mess with the cars GPS), Center diff, ride height, towing devices (maybe we'll get too tow off road camper trailers?) etc.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/4x4-hummer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJm50C6Rn0A

1651_4x4_Hummer_10.jpg

1650_4x4_Hummer_1.jpg

1656_4x4_Hummer_15.jpg

1655_4x4_Hummer_14.jpg

1652_4x4_Hummer_11.jpg

1653_4x4_Hummer_12.jpg

1658_4x4_Hummer_17.jpg

I might buy it when it comes out.

that game looked brilliant from trailer 1 and all the pictures, trailer 2 did show us the game, crappy and bad made, i would more likely spend 2.40€ on a old game: Driver...

It still has potential though. Not best game this year potential, but potential never the less.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you see the way the vehicles behaved in that?! It's laughable!

Look up Rigs of Rods. It's totally free, and has much better physics, and hundreds of user-made vehicles in it. Yeah, ok, the graphics are a bit rough in it, but it's so much more fun.

The best off road game I've ever played to this day is still 1NSANE. It was made in 2000 by Invictus, and published by Codemasters, it had such an amazing physics engine, and full 3D interior views. The maps were also 1km square, and repeated themselves. I.e. you could just keep going forever, with the map repeating itself. Was really funny if you found a flat stretching the length of the map, unlimited top speed runs!

Rigs of Rods:

1NSANE:

This looks shocking :) Like some dodgy online game.

Of course it looks shocking, it's free. It started as one guy's experiment with flexbody physics. Since then the development team has grown to two people...

I like playing around in it though, there are loads of user-made things for it. The game also has full hydraulic systems in it, so you can play with cranes and try lifting stuff, then tipping the crane over, lol.

Oh, and 1NSANE was made 8 years ago... There hasn't been an off-road game to come close to it in gameplay since. The only good offroad games with good physics now are all closed-circuit racers, where's the free-roam?!