We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mod Talk

Tool831

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dunno about that.. seems strange.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Would anyother modder know why my RX7 disappears? Cause i do everything like i normally do on a car, and it just disappears. Even when lower then the file size. It also has been happening to reaper aswell. It's only been happening lately so its not a actual big issue etc. Does get annoying though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps, great forum.

I have been trying to tinker with the TDU files. I have got my ZModeler2 importing 3DG's, I have evne got the 3DS Max script to work.

Now the BNK extractors work pretty well, and the 2db's convert well to DDS files. But it seems that some texture names in the 2DM file (I think) seem to have some unknown characters in them.

Is this a common problem modders face? Its not the end of the world, I mean I can always remap the textures, but it would be great to be able to just import a model and focus on the modelling ;)

In fact, texture, material and meshes have special characters when original name is more than 8 characters. It's not a bug, game developers have designed it as is. ZModeler2 importer/exporter can cope with it without problems; on the contrary, the 3DS Max script isn't able to manage these names.

So I advise you to only use ZM2. Though you can export a ZM2 model to 3DS :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Up after some time, as I think it's the best place to do it.

Working recently on new facts about TDU Modding, here is potential advancements for the future.

That's still in alpha work and need tools to be used easily and safely.