We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Mattin's Mod Thread

Arnold Rimmer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add this input, I think TDU:C will only be allowing Mods which only adjust your game performance and experience. Not things such as online speed hacks. This spoils other gameplay, especially for myself, so will therefore be banned.

So, The Mattin, please take this inot account when divising your tutorials on cracking the .exe As if it is seen to be hinting or allowing mods which affect other people's online experience, it will be removed.

It will only be for offline use, adding show rooms would easyily get anybody banned, so it woudn't affect people's online experiance.

All Mods i post on this thread are for offline use only. unless they do not affect other players online.

What do you think would be inside the file? if we did crack it?

From what i know, we should be able to make new showrooms.

I have no idea i was doing abit of research about that file and i found this.

DB File Extensionspacer.gif2 File Associations

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

File Type 1 Database File (Most common) Category Data Files Common?

Yes File Description Generic database file extension; could be created by a number of different database programs; may also be imported into multiple database programs. Program(s) that open db files

----------------------

mac.gifMac OS tri.gif FileMaker Pro

windows.gifWindows tri.gif FileMaker Pro

tri.gif Microsoft Access

-------------------------

Or at least open the ones that are locked? like a Japanese showroom which is there but cant get into it.

I just edited one of the .us files in db_us. I also moved the Audi dealer to the northern one (near lexus). Again, I just moved them, the dealers where they were originally are now disabled.

I would love to help with this. I made a map for figuring out each area on the island (you know all of those area files in the level folder?) I also decompiled the exe with pe explorer or something, but had no idea what I was looking at.

It will only be for offline use, adding show rooms would easyily get anybody banned, so it woudn't affect people's online experiance.

All Mods i post on this thread are for offline use only. unless they do not affect other players online.

Will they actually work online though, if so, then its the exact same thing ;)

I have no idea i was doing abit of research about that file and i found this.

DB File Extensionspacer.gif2 File Associations

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

File Type 1 Database File (Most common) Category Data Files Common?

Yes File Description Generic database file extension; could be created by a number of different database programs; may also be imported into multiple database programs. Program(s) that open db files

----------------------

mac.gifMac OS tri.gif FileMaker Pro

windows.gifWindows tri.gif FileMaker Pro

tri.gif Microsoft Access

-------------------------

I have checked that and they dont work. were on the right lines though.

I don't know any software able to open these .db files natively :(

As it's a EDEN-GAMES proprietary format.

I have been trying to decode contents for a few months... without results.

The solution would be to know the key (because it seems to be encrypted text) or to use brute-force softwares. I noticed that TDU files on xbox DvD are like those too....

Did anyone try to contact "Damage Mod" maker ? Looks like he succeeded in modifying game data "on the fly". He could help us.

I don't know any software able to open these .db files natively :(

As it's a EDEN-GAMES proprietary format.

I have been trying to decode contents for a few months... without results.

The solution would be to know the key (because it seems to be encrypted text) or to use brute-force softwares. I noticed that TDU files on xbox DvD are like those too....

Did anyone try to contact "Damage Mod" maker ? Looks like he succeeded in modifying game data "on the fly". He could help us.

Good idea, whats his e-mail?

I just edited one of the .us files in db_us. I also moved the Audi dealer to the northern one (near lexus). Again, I just moved them, the dealers where they were originally are now disabled.

I would love to help with this. I made a map for figuring out each area on the island (you know all of those area files in the level folder?) I also decompiled the exe with pe explorer or something, but had no idea what I was looking at.

dc300m02 we need as much help as we can get:)

so can we have a look at this map?

Also all modders add me to MSN: [email protected]

Understood, can we carry on trying to at least work it out in the mean time?
Sure, I have sent an email asking for clarification anyway, and I would just like to say that keeping these sort of edits to offline only with no means of disturbance to those online would be the best way to go.

If it contributes to giving someone an unfair advantage then use your own judgement and think is it actually benefiting the game or just the player. If that makes sense?

This will only mean that we can finnaly stop replacing cars and start creating our own, it will only work offline so it shoudnt affect the online players at all, and we will make sure that there's no unfair advantages, just the improvment of the game which will lead to many posibilities, we have already been very succsesful.

Understood, can we carry on trying to at least work it out in the mean time?

I would suggest maybe working on these projects off-board. So maybe dumbing down the amount you post on the forum about your cracking endevours. You could add me on MSN (see profile) if you wish :) Of course keep us slightly updated, but maybe not giving as much information and or giving less-frequent updates until the "job(s)" have been done.

Sure, I have sent an email asking for clarification anyway, and I would just like to say that keeping these sort of edits to offline only with no means of disturbance to those online would be the best way to go.

If it contributes to giving someone an unfair advantage then use your own judgement and think is it actually benefiting the game or just the player. If that makes sense?

Hmm ... Atari are going to say no Mods what so ever though? Aren't they? I thought kal tried them before ... ?

There are certain regions that are allowing the discussion of mods on Atari sites, Atari US allow it as do Atari Germany, not sure about the others though. I have noticed though that a lot more tdu videos are appearing on youtube again so maybe modding has put it above the radar again. Just need to wait and see what happens.