We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My dream download section

Tool831

I'm just speaking my mind etc.

Anyways, a whole new section etc for Custom cars and customizations To have a download bar up to with (Home, UserCP, FAQ, etc) so then it bring the users to a different section of the site. Where every download is put into selections they click what they want and will get all downloads in a mini bar under the main bar, for that section without no forum just the download details, download, link to the forum to talk about it then images and a small comment box.

---------

for example NFSCars.net has something similar.

-----

My dream crappy example: (I spelled download wrong:lol:)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/ImageOfmenuTDUCcopy.jpg

So after you click on cars it will bring up this menu:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/Menu2.jpg

Select the download then it will bring up the download page.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/DownloadMenu.jpg

I love the idea, but I would imagine that would require a lot of work on Diablo's back. So whether it's worth it is up to him ... of course it would be great, but then would that creat an unbias lean towards the PC side of TD? Seeing as this is multiplatform ... or would it bring in more users, or would it not affect them?

That is a good idea, the only trouble is that if the chatbox is there the front page might be to messy if you get what I mean, I think it would be a good addition to the main site when its up and running and a good idea to put at the top of the mod section. and maybe the forum page if chat box goes (what i mean by that is we keep chatbox but you can only access it by the link).

I just thought that a download stats thing might be good to see whats being downloaded the most. like on each download it says how many times its been downloaded etc.

Sayin that it could be incorparated into your idea with a search facility so you can search by most downloaded, newest, oldest, highest rated (could have people rate downloads). Just a thought

I love the idea, but I would imagine that would require a lot of work on Diablo's back. So whether it's worth it is up to him ... of course it would be great, but then would that creat an unbias lean towards the PC side of TD? Seeing as this is multiplatform ... or would it bring in more users, or would it not affect them?

Even if it does lean towards the PC side of TDU, thats where the activity is ;), and i think most 360's players know and understand that :)

I think nodz's idea of putting this in the main site is the right thing to do though, forum would be too crowded otherwise :)

Oh yeah. Forgot we had "a main site" :p Yeah that would be the best place for it with the chat box. Although it would require a lot of Admin'ing to keep to up to date ... me thinks anyway.

Hmmm, Not if we go through the site to upload the downloads, in which it could automatically update itself, but, that wouldnt go down to well with Diablos host :p

tool I have to commend you for your suggestion and also your resources to show how you would like it to happen. I have a section like this planned and in the progress of being scripted now in fact as when modding started to take off I figured this has to be incorporated into the main site and it will be. I have also been playing around with having vB data access on the main site to help with certain things and the testing is hit and miss but I'm getting there. Not sure about the incorporating right on the forum homepage mind you but I'll do some offsite testing and see what works well.

Again though, outstanding suggestion with clear description and images to show your idea off well.