We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2CV SUPER GT : FERRARI 365 GTB/4 1968 [v2.2]

2CV SUPER GT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett's theme[/background music on]

Crockett: Who tinted my dark Ferrari? Where's mah gun?!

Crockett's theme[/background music off]

Me: Personally, I love it on yellow!!!

WoW i used to have this model(I mean the ferrari not 2CV Model) on my NFS4HS, just some little polys or other detail less.

Is this one also known as Daytona, or is the nick 4 the version with "hidden" lights that looks cooler in my opnion.

(not even close to de-merit this one, OK?!)

#EDIT# - as some fast search>: Maybe i'm not mistaken, Daytona has hidden lights. Probably the California too.

Is the "California"(Original Convertable version from this one) Coming to TDU?

Well...

A little historic point.

The Ferrari 365 GTB/4 was preseented on 1968 in Paris. The car was called by tiffosi as "Daytona" in memory of the victory on the american track some month ago.

The original car has no pop up lights, and the light are hidden behind a "perpex" glass. The wood steering wheel was available on the first GTB/4 only.

In 1969, Ferrari present the 365 GTS/4 - the spyder . It's yellow with black stripes on the side. It's the only spyder with perpex glass.

In 1969 PininFarina exposes a alternative version of the spyder that Ferrari refused... It's a spyder turned as a targa version(the one you identified as "California"). This car was dark blue with specific white interior.

In 1970, the USA voted a law that forbid the glass over the lights. That's why Ferrari change the front of the daytona to adapt it to the US Exportations (same thing for the citroen SM(USSpec))

So Ferrari put pop up lights on the daytonas in 1971... To remind the style of the perpex car, the really first models have the front panel painted in gray. The next version were normal painted.

So the Spyder that comes in 1971/1972 till 1974 has pop up light too.

1350 Ferrari 365GTB/4 were build between 1968 and 1974

136 Ferrari 365GTS/4 between 1971 and 1974

Today many owner of GTB/4 turn an "ordinary" GTB/4 to GTS/4 to earn money... But these works are not good and have some errors like front perpex lights...

There is some replica of Spyder based mainly on Corvette C3 like you can see it in the TVShow "Miami Vice"

Well...

A little historic point.

The Ferrari 365 GTB/4 was preseented on 1968 in Paris. The car was called by tiffosi as "Daytona" in memory of the victory on the american track some month ago.

The original car has no pop up lights, and the light are hidden behind a "perpex" glass. The wood steering wheel was available on the first GTB/4 only.

In 1969, Ferrari present the 365 GTS/4 - the spyder . It's yellow with black stripes on the side. It's the only spyder with perpex glass.

In 1969 PininFarina exposes a alternative version of the spyder that Ferrari refused... It's a spyder turned as a targa version(the one you identified as "California"). This car was dark blue with specific white interior.

In 1970, the USA voted a law that forbid the glass over the lights. That's why Ferrari change the front of the daytona to adapt it to the US Exportations (same thing for the citroen SM(USSpec))

So Ferrari put pop up lights on the daytonas in 1971... To remind the style of the perpex car, the really first models have the front panel painted in gray. The next version were normal painted.

So the Spyder that comes in 1971/1972 till 1974 has pop up light too.

1350 Ferrari 365GTB/4 were build between 1968 and 1974

136 Ferrari 365GTS/4 between 1971 and 1974

Today many owner of GTB/4 turn an "ordinary" GTB/4 to GTS/4 to earn money... But these works are not good and have some errors like front perpex lights...

There is some replica of Spyder based mainly on Corvette C3 like you can see it in the TVShow "Miami Vice"

Wow, thanks for this little history. It was quite good to read it. ;)

My car got pop ups also because of the US regulations.

Umm, don´t know it´s not published here, but - ´72 US Version with pop up headlights is ready for download at Oahu Cars Unlimited website.
http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=16594 ;)

I downloaded both Daytonas and have no problems with them so far. They are bought at the classic dealer that carried the countach. I see the Daytonas there but haven't seen the Countach come back. Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you got the 1.67d patch, the Countach has been put in another dealer.

Edit: if not, you can always put the Countach somewhere, by using Modding Tools' Vehicle Manager.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...