We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Please remove the requests section!!

iBilo

Basically in the title.

There really is no need for a requests section, its all spam of cars that never will be made by annoying new members who are begging to get cars released.

When I click "new posts" all the requests come up, I can't even find what I want to even browse because of all the requesting.

My idea is to not allow requesting at all, its just a waste of time. If anyone wants to request a car they can pm one of the modders to be honest or keep it to themselves, the forum is just turning into a mass spam fest of "PLZ MAKE DIS CAR I WANT IT SOOOOOOO MUCH".

The modders create what they want to make and not what some whingey person wants, this is what the modding community is about, they design their own cars because they want those cars, people who want this car and that car should go make it themselves, there's plenty of advice on the forum due to modding and they should stick to it. All this will do is give stress to people who don't want to look at the request board in the first place.

So yeah, can we please remove the requests section?

Not having one would mean people would request in more sections such as TDU:PC, TDU:Mod Shop, and any sub forum in there. The requests don't really bother me, as it's the furthest it could be away from the main page. I ignore most of them. If you dont want to be confronted by them, you can either use 'Today's Post' rather than 'New Posts'. It displays in threads, not posts. I always use it :)

Making them PM would just annoy the hell our of PMs tbh. They'd be constantly cleaning out their PMs. They might even leave or stop modding as it would just beomce unreal. Imagine recieving a PM for every request thread there is!!

Removing it would just make the whole PC sections a mess. At least they're all in one place. Kinda like a bin really.

As said before, the modder would want to design what they wanted to design. They don't need people pestering them with requests on what car they want to them to make. Its supposed to be a relaxed environment.

Requesting should be banned full stop to be honest.

I just edited this into my post: ""Making them PM would just annoy the hell our of PMs tbh. They'd be constantly cleaning out their PMs. They might even leave or stop modding as it would just beomce unreal. Imagine recieving a PM for every request thread there is!!""

E: But yeah, there will always be new members not knowing the rules, and then each time they'd have to be explained which would be more work for us all. Especially moderators, having to move threads, and delete them. If you don't like request, don't go in that section and ignore them. Give Today's Posts a try: 'Quicklinks' --> 'Today's Posts'. It will solve your problems.

I must admit that when you clcik on new posts out of the 3 pages only about a handfull of threads are not requets, it does bacome annoying.

But on the other hand if we did not have a requests section it would become even more annoying as it would clutter the rest of the forum.

I actually agree with Iced, for once! :cheeky:
:chairfall:

We need the Requests section as the forum would be overrun with spam if not however looking through the script that does the search I think I may have found a way for users to specify forums to exclude from the search. :D
:confused: uhh, huh?

Well I don't like the request section either because theres always a bunch of noobs who only joins the forum just to request and if thier request is granted you'll never hear from them again, and if you do it'll be another stupid request so yeah... but on the other hand, without the requests we woulden't have certain types of cars and rims and other things.

yea the requests section is annoying, seriously there should be a limit to people alllowed to post.

Diablo is it possiable to only grant access to people with say over 50 post's, this will stop the children spammin' for new cars and will boost activity in the forum.

Diablo is it possiable to only grant access to people with say over 50 post's, this will stop the children spammin' for new cars and will boost activity in the forum.
Surely it will decrease it as some members will go and get annoyed they cant post a request. However, other new members will simply post in another section. The only way to limit that would to put a 50post limit everywhere, which well, as you can tell, would shoot yourself in the foot!

I don't get why people who don't like that section, can't just simply ignore it!

Surely it will decrease it as some members will go and get annoyed they cant post a request. However, other new members will simply post in another section. The only way to limit that would to put a 50post limit everywhere, which well, as you can tell, would shoot yourself in the foot!

I don't get why people who don't like that section, can't just simply ignore it!

randy is that rant over?

its only personal opinion, i have no website kowlage i just didnt know if there was any way of stopping it.

it does affect us because almost every time u click "new posts" theres a request for some stupid truck or avt.

imm not havin a pop at u im just askin is ther a way of stoppin it

You guys may remember I was trying to implement something to deal with but it fell through though I will look back into it in the future but for now those who want a way round this Bookmark the link below.

[Todays Posts Minus Requests]

It will perform the exact same as Todays Post's but will not show anything from the Requests sub-forums. :D