We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MC:LA South Central DLC. now out on the 26th??!!

TimBud

You guys haven't paid attention have you?! :oook:

The release of the SC for the 360 is a huge snafu by M$. Its clearly been released ahead of schedule (by some intern who should stick to playing Sonic games, no doubt), and for free too. Aside from that the pack(s) DO NOT WORK. We just have less space on our HDD's.

So there is no need to cry because no body has it yet... us guys that have bothered to get a 360 just got a little teaser.

It's not just that. it's also the fact that there has been near to no mention what so ever on any websites about this DLC even coming to PS3?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just that. it's also the fact that there has been near to no mention what so ever on any websites about this DLC even coming to PS3?

Do you ever bother to read anything?

Today we are proud to announce the South Central Upgrade and Content Pack for Midnight Club Los Angeles. This massive downloadable upgrade and content pack will be available early next year for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

There was a link to all of that in the OP!

Not that it matters now though. The DLC has been taken off marketplace

*follows shadow*

imma buy the game now. well not now, after midterms...

*runs back* you should then we can cruise together & listen to the voice changer idiots call each other homosexual terms with either high pitched Smurf voices or really deep voices (the type you hear terrorists use in thier demand video's) :D *runs away again*

*EDIT* MOD CAT IZ STEALING MAH POSTZ!!!

Guest RB26DETT
*runs back* you should then we can cruise together & listen to the voice changer idiots call each other homosexual terms with either high pitched Smurf voices or really deep voices (the type you hear terrorists use in thier demand video's) :D *runs away again*

eh...:confused:

http://aceybongos.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!34EFB79E92974FD2!16380.entry?sa=454920763

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=205826

Looks like MS is using scare tactics to get people to delete the DLC.

By saying that it can corrupt your save, etc etc. While others are saying that it isn't in testing stage and that it is all there and working.

Apparently the music in the DLC is ingame now, along with some racers or something.

"I managed to grab it early this morning and played around with it. It certainly isn't being tested, it's done and complete. The racers are in the area, the new music is in the game (Deadm5au!), but I haven't found the new cars or achievements yet, although I didn't look. I did grab some screenshots though that you can find below on rockstar social club.

E3 Conference Center:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/RockstarWebServices/mcla/common/getsakeimage.ashx?pid=923538&fileid=63485121

City Scape:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/RockstarWebServices/mcla/common/getsakeimage.ashx?pid=923538&fileid=63485117

Awesome view of area around Staples Center (which E3 building is next too):

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/RockstarWebServices/mcla/common/getsakeimage.ashx?pid=923538&fileid=63485435 "

Seems MS have stopped the DLC from giving players the R8 without the A License.

I bought one this morning and was driving it around, and now I don't have any evidence I ever had it lol. They took it from my garage and everything hehe.

They failed at corrupting my save though, so I think it is just scare tactics. :)

A couple of guys on the xbox forums have mentioned that their data is now corrupt?!

Still the pack will be released on the 29th anyway, so I can hold off playing till then. :)

Those who downloaded it while it was available should remove it to avoid technical issues. By Chris Pereira, 01/13/2009

If you thought you pulled a fast one by downloading the Midnight Club: Los Angeles downloadable content that was released on the Xbox Live Marketplace earlier today, think again. The DLC was mistakenly released and reportedly can cause problems while playing the game if not removed from your system. Xbox EMEA community manager Graeme Boyd wrote on his blog (via Wired):

The Marketplace team has mentioned to me that a batch of Midnight Club: LA content went up accidentally on Xbox LIVE Marketplace this morning. It has since been removed, but you may have had the chance to download it while it was up there. If you did and if it's sitting on your hard drive you should delete it -- reason being that it was being tested when it was mistakenly put live and therefore it may not work properly, the Achievements won't register and could cause you problems with your Midnight Club: LA game saves.

Some daredevils out there are sure to ignore the advice, thinking it's merely a scare tactic in order to get people to wait for the official release. But keep in mind it is going to be free, so it'd probably be best to play this one on the safe side. Last we heard, the DLC was scheduled for "early" 2009, so disappointing as this news might be for those who nabbed the DLC, it might not be too long of a wait before you get the chance to cruise around South Central.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172251