About This File
Edited by Djey
What's New in Version 2.0.0
Database Editor main features
**(ALPHA)** tagged features are not stable enough and/or much tested, so use them at your own risk! I hope to enhance them in the future.
* (general) User confirmation now asked on leaving application or reloading database when unsaved changes
* (general) Splash screen while loading database, due to increased time required (additional material file now has to be loaded)
* (general) Settings: locales list: enhanced item display
* (general) Settings: added ability to display TDUF configuration files and logs in default file browser [WIKI here](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Advanced-Editor#enable-debugging-mode-via-tduf-settings-file) and [there](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Troubleshooting-Editor#basic-troubleshooting)
* (general) Themes support, starter pack provided, and ability to customize: [WIKI](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Settings#using-color-theme)
* (main) Entry filter: pressing ENTER on text field now triggers search
* (plugins) Material Editor: new plugin inserted in CarColors and Interior topics, allowing:
- selection of a different material for exterior paint (main + secondary, brake calipers) and interior (main + secondary)
- **(ALPHA)** update of colors used (ambient, diffuse, specular)
- **(ALPHA)** change of shader configuration
- viewing of more parameters (read-only for now).
* Some more code optimizations and fixes!
* Entry list may keep invalid names after changing. Switch topic or use filter to force refreshing
* (Mapping plugin) Mapping errors are not properly described. Will be enhanced later
* (Mapping plugin) Entry paths may keep invalid names after changing. Hit *Refresh* button to display latest values.
* You tell me!
What's new on core?
* (CLI) Intro interface has been removed as it's not used. It has been replaced with `help` command
* (CLI) `logs`: new command to display all log files in default editor
* (CLI) `settings`: new command to open TDUF settings file in default editor.
* (CLI/FileTool) jsonify: verbose mode now displays dumped items during parsing (not only after succesful parsing)
* (CLI/FileTool) jsonify: adds access key to repeated item in new meta section
* (CLI/FileTool) jsonify/applyjson: support remaining bytes.
* (Library/Common) Removed support of genuine configuration file (formerly ~/tduf.properties)
* (Library/Files) 2DM files preliminary support (thanks to Speeder, Lean and TDUZoqqer)
* (Library/Files) Global and field comment support [WIKI](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-Structure)
* (Library/Files) When parsing, CONSTANT and GAP field values are now checked by default, can be disabled on demand [WIKI](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-Structure)
* (Library/Files) Conditioned fields support [WIKI](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-Structure#conditions)
* (Library/Files) Repeated contents size (bytes) support [WIKI](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-Structure#contentssize-attribute)
* (Library/Files) References support [WIKI](https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Reverse-Engineering-Structure#references)
* (Library/Files) Meta field added to JSON output for repeated items
* (Library/Files) Support for remaining data while parsing/writing.
* (Library/Files) Some parsing and writing errors have been found and fixed.
* You tell me!