We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

SAAB may of made its first amazin car for 2009!

BAk99

Nver fear your main man Nige is here :p!!!!!!!

Nodz that was spot on its sad but true lol.

Anyway yeah I was drooling over this 2 years ago ......

The sad thing is this is the type of car that will get Saab more sales/attention/good publicity and everything which it could do with right now but with the whole GM situation at the moment its not looking good. Saab should be nationalised by the Swedish government like I have heard they might do thats the only way Saab can move forward because for GM Saab is just another company thats loosing money but if GM invested properly in Saab by now they could have been up there with Volvo because lets face it Ford have done a better job with Volvo than GM have done with Saab haven't they (and thats a GM fanboy talking !) ????

That's precisely the problem, with the current situation GM are doing, they can do nothing but pull Saab down. If they were properly invested in, we could have seen this Aero X on the roads by now (most probably with a few modifications of course. For example, WINDOWS!), and what GM don't realise is if Saab DID release the Aero X, Audi, BMW and a lot of the rest of the car industry would really get worried. Audi couldn't make a TT (even an R8 IMO) that could compete with this, and the same goes with BMW, their Z4M and M3 doesn't have a chance up against this.

If you read about the Aero X you will see how much development has gone into it. And it has all paid off, because the end result is a beautiful car with breathtaking interior, and an ethanol engine that produces no CO2 emissions (with means hardly any fuel cost, no road tax and no congestion charge) that has an amazing 2.8 V6 TWIN-TURBOCHARGED engine producing 400BHP, capable of 170mph+ AND is 4WD.

Saab is the future.

General Motors has no clue what they are doing. Saab does. They must have been sneaky with this one :p

I still doubt it'll ever be made. Even in dumbed-down production form it would still be ridiculously expensive to make, and, with the economy as it is, the only people that will be buying will be Arabian oil princes. I don't think Saab has the money right now to build this, not to mention maintain the type of facility the manufacturing of one of these would require.

You're right, like I said, Saab aren't being invested enough in, which is a shame because for as long as Saab have been making cars, they have made fantastic ones in the area of safety, comfort, looks, performance and much more.

And yes, the Aero X would cost too much to make and they would have to tone it down, but if they toned it down it would be in the Audi TT ,BMW Z4 and Nissan Fairlady Z market which is fine because we all know it will dominate the sports car market.

I have no idea where Nige is, he hasn't been on for ages. And redvette, you are right, nowone thinks anything on Saabs. My dad has a 1995 Saab 900SE Turbo. 17" OZ Palladio Rims, 205 wide Michelin Primacys, BSR Induction Kit, StyleDynamix custom-made stainless steel 3" exhaust system, pushing about 220hp, and it's VERY quick. Many an Impreza and 3.0 litre BMW we have beaten, and even when it was bone stock it was quick.

Poor poor car, it was ruined. STOCK FTW!

Lol, trust me, if I post pictures you would see it has in no way been ruined. The exhaust is kind of hidden, not too deep, sounds nice and these are the rims:

oz_palladio.1.jpg

god man. them OZ rims are stunnnin!!

Personally OZ are ma fav, alloy company. Formula1 series and CHRONO H/LT are ma favs.