We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW: Week 33 Entry

Speed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god >.< The F40/308 GTS/Countach are classics, if you say anything before the 70's is classic, that means the '69 Vette is a classic, while the '71 model isn't, thats just bull, the CLK GTR isn't a classic yet, but 80's cars like the 288GTO/F40 are classics.

Oh my god >.< The F40/308 GTS/Countach are classics, if you say anything before the 70's is classic, that means the '69 Vette is a classic, while the '71 model isn't, thats just bull, the CLK GTR isn't a classic yet, but 80's cars like the 288GTO/F40 are classics.

In the UK to be classed officially as a classic and be excempt from UK road tax it has to be pre 1973 iirc. The rules are going by this but he changed it a little to pre 1970.

All them cars are classics in their own right but the term classic is being used slightly differently.

That BMW isn't mid 90's. I don't know BMW's that well but i'm pretty sure that one is a early to mid 80's model

Shar's next door neighbour has that model on a H plate which is 1st Aug '90 to 31st July '91, so its probably a late '80s, early '90s model

um...hate to interrupt this debate on what a classic is, but can someone answer the question i raised a little earlier?

how do i create a shot tag? i think i am more likely to get more votes if people can see my pic rather thn have to click a link.

I take it your trying to link form a image hoster?? If so look here.

If your pic is already 800x600 why not use the attatch facility on the forum??

I don't see why classic cars like the Challenger and 'Vette can't be used, especially since the '71 Vette looks almost like the '69 one and the Challenger is my favorite muscle car which is a classic.

Edit: I think it should be like the UK that anything before '73 can be included.

Let me quote Wikipedia again...

""Vehicles constructed before 1 January 1973 are eligible for a free vehicle licence under the "Historic Vehicles" legislation. This is due to the age of the vehicle and a presumption of limited mileage.""

Well can't you GTFO if you don't have anything better to post? You like being harsh, or what?

Beemer. Action WILL be taken if further swearing or derogatory comments are made. I'm getting fed up of all this bickering, wining and stupid comments about nothing. I'm not just aiming this at you, but be warned.

/rant

Mb, even though his post wasn't positive, was not very harsh. Which is why he hasn't been bent over my knee and slapped :p