We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Big Duel : Ferrari vs. Lambo

KoenigseggBG

What is it going to be?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is it going to be?

Isn't it obvious? And Cakeflour the proper quip he made is in my sig. ;)

I also remember reading evo magazine a good few years ago and they were testing the F550/575, Diablo VT 6.0 and something else that I can't remember but I'll never forget the quote that the guy said about the Lambo: "It sounds like Armageddon". As simple as that!

In the words of Clarkson, well:

(Spoiler just because it may offend)

"Supercars are meant to mess with G-forces, hypercars are meant to mess with G-strings"

Lambos are just flashy, and having been bought out by Audi is like Alienware being bought by Dell, it's just not as good any more. I mean really, and AWD Lambo?

I like the track, so Fezza for me.

Isn't it obvious? And Cakeflour the proper quip he made is in my sig. ;)

I also remember reading evo magazine a good few years ago and they were testing the F550/575, Diablo VT 6.0 and something else that I can't remember but I'll never forget the quote that the guy said about the Lambo: "It sounds like Armageddon". As simple as that!

Couldn`t say it better...HOLY [CLEAR]...:bow::eek:

I saw your chat and just want to correct you about what you think Chrysler did with this car.

1) The Lamborghini Diablo was under development by Lamborghini under the Project 132 codename before Chrysler bought them.

2) The name Diablo is not from a Chrysler prototype, every Lamborghini since the early days has been named after some sort of association to Bull or the Bullfighting history and the Diablo is no different: The name 'Diablo' was in fact taken from a ferocious bull raised by the Duke of Veragua in the 19th century, it fought an epic battle with 'El Chicorro' in Madrid on July 11th 1869, this animal became legendary and it's well-known history and it's name were aggressive enough to be used for a Lamborghini.

3) Marcello Gandini designed the Diablo, Chrysler's design studio smoothed some edges and then it went back to more design changes at Lamborghini and Gandini.

Chrysler basically stopped Project 132 from being cancelled and Lamborghini going under. Sorry SG but Chrysler had hardly anything to do with the actual designing, testing, engineering and of course the name.

I saw your chat and just want to correct you about what you think Chrysler did with this car.

1) The Lamborghini Diablo was under development by Lamborghini under the Project 132 codename before Chrysler bought them.

2) The name Diablo is not from a Chrysler prototype, every Lamborghini since the early days has been named after some sort of association to Bull or the Bullfighting history and the Diablo is no different: The name 'Diablo' was in fact taken from a ferocious bull raised by the Duke of Veragua in the 19th century, it fought an epic battle with 'El Chicorro' in Madrid on July 11th 1869, this animal became legendary and it's well-known history and it's name were aggressive enough to be used for a Lamborghini.

3) Marcello Gandini designed the Diablo, Chrysler's design studio smoothed some edges and then it went back to more design changes at Lamborghini and Gandini.

Chrysler basically stopped Project 132 from being cancelled and Lamborghini going under. Sorry SG but Chrysler had hardly anything to do with the actual designing, testing, engineering and of course the name.

hmm, never knew that, but since Chrysler had a Diablo(1957 Chrysler Diablo) that probably made the car have the Diablo name even more...

Edit: But still if it weren't for Chrysler the Diablo might have wouldn't exist, maybe even Lamborghini(since they were bankrupt at that time)

and I know Marcello Gandini designed the car, he also designed the Miura and/or Countach I think, but I thought he made the basic design, then Chysler did a little bit to it, and he designed the rest. and Chrysler got the "Cab-Forward" style from a Lamborghini Concept(had 4 doors but I don't remember the name)

still a great designer though(Gandini)

• 6 months later...