We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2009 Race Threads : A Polite Request

YeOldeTDUMan

OK Last year I gave up posting in F1 threads as they just became a silly 'playground' of 'my driver is better than your driver' type arguements ... which I don't agree with ... but I do agree with commenting about how well or badly a driver/team has done ... for the record this season I will be supporting Hamilton and McLaren but I'd also like Button in the Brawn or Vettel in the Red Bull to do well ... but I will call them Muppets if they are

So can we have it a bit more civilised this year chaps and chapesses ?

I would like to suggest a single thread for each race event ... appropriately titled ... e.g. F1 2009 Melbourne

and then that can cover the whole weekend .. simple

Hybrid

I also totally agree as last year it wasn't onlyyourself,alot ofpeoplestartedto avoid themand got annoyed by generalslagging off. It always deteriorated in an arguement about Hamilton, Kimi and Massa. It would be nice to keep it sort of constructive and civilised whether it be about drivers or teams and not the usual "they are crap" and "I hate hamilton, he shouldn't win" etc etc.

The thread idea is good and the same as last year.

IIRC, it was mainly newer members who got into such a tizzle about driver argumens last year. I've never had a problem with one driver winning over another.

Anyways, those I'm supporting this year:

Hamilton (as always, and I don't care that he and McLaren didn't do well in pre-season testing)

the Brawn team (interesting to see how much new regulations can level the playing field)

Sounds like a good idea, take note Nige ;)

Damn it !!!!

Was I that obvious :cry: ?????

Yeah, I seriously need to grow up but never fear guys my love for F1 has faded quite alot over the off season and I'm all about ALMS/NASCAR/BTCC/DTM/V8 Supercars & LMS this year so don't expect me to be active in these threads as often has last year but i will be posting but I will try not to get on peoples nerves, I know criticising a national icon isn't a good idea :o.

So expect a more mature approach from me this year.

Nige - you're welcome to make comments about Hamilton as long as they're constructive and not flaming for flamings sence ... so you're welcome to call him a Muppet if he's been one (for example when he stayed out too long and destroyed his tyres ... or didn't see the red light at the end of the pit lane and then had a 'slight' comming together) ... but please don't flame a driver ... any driver if all he's done is had a great weekend and driven a great race or pulled off a great move

If you look back I will give positive and negative comments for any driver ... no matter who I ultimately want to win

I just don't want the threads to get into the usual childish flaming 'my driver is better than yours' threads ... thats all

Well, I never try to start arguments, and don't plan to about Formula One. See if you can figure out my favorite racing team. :D

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i think ur fav team is .................... :confused::cheeky:?

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!