We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2009: Melbourne

Car Freak

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shan't comment to prevent a flame war.

But if thats the case i don't see whats wrong. If they did tell Lewis to let Trulli pass, but claimed he overtook, what was the problem with that? Maybe a DQ was a lil harsh, a return to 4th may have been more fair

wonder what Nige will say now?! lol ;)

Its such a sad situation that nearly a week after the race has finished, the results are still not final! it really shows what a sad state of affairs the sport has gotten into.

Imo the stewards shoul only be there to regulate saftey, not decide on the race results- thats just too much power to be abused.

Its a shame for Lewis, that he always seems to be involved in this. If it is his and McLarens fault then they really do not learn from the past. its surprising that despite how much attention is on them, they still seem to pull foolish stunts.

edit:

Just read the radio transcript: is all very confused, McLaren need to get their act together.

Music to my ears :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

I will apologise now because all my maoning I did is now void, sorry for wasting your time guys ..... and sucks to be an Hamilton fan.

So this week is actually turning out pretty good despite it starting off crap ........ :thumbsup:.

FiA should get disquilified. Whats the point of that decision. If you put yourself in hameltons position, he overtakes someone with no chioce, his team makes him let him go past again and becouse McLearn are iodiots Hamelton loosing the points. Should be team points they loose, even kicked out of it again.

I'm sure it was the right decision to make. You don't know what the guys from Mclaren said on the team radio, so you can't whine about the stupid decisions, as nobody of us knows who said what.

Even though I don't really like Hamilton, I must say that changing the results of a race 3-4 days after the race has finished is very silly, and confuses lots of viewers. Especially those who may not go on the web for F1 news.

I caught that video last night but one thing was strange to me, in the transcription he had it as Hamilton saying "I don't have to let him pass, I should be able to take that position back because he made a mistake." whereas he actually said:

If I don't have to let him pass then I should be able to take that position back because he made a mistake.

It's said at 1:33 if you want to check it yourself.

I believe Hamilton dropped himself in it long after that radio chatter happened. Or McLaren dropped him in it, either way, someone lied to the stewards about what really happened. Probably in the hope to get 3rd place. Which worked. For a while. :p

Also, "Hamilton on team speak", That's slightly misleading. :p I thought of TeamSpeak when I read that. Radio Chatter is probably better suited. ;)

Didn't Hamilton let him past because he was told to do by his team though, thus probably believing that Charlie Whiting the Race Director had instructed this? It's a shame yet more politics spoil another great race.

Fact is Trulli went off track meaning Hamilton could legally pass him even when under the safety car.

either way the director of racing at Mclaren has been suspended and Hamilton may be DQ'd from the season, he made an apology earlier which sounded like he was nearly in tears.

At least its taken everything away from the rear diffuser arguement. Saying that did n't toyota get done in quali for an illegal rear wing, if they raced with it then shouldn't they be DQ'd or did they put a different one on for the race??

You know what makes me laugh at all of this ....

the fact that Hamilton was nearly in tears .... the dude knows what he his doing if he puts on the whole innocent face people will feel sorry for him, he knows that even he isn't that stupid !

So people feel sorry for him = more support for him ........

Basically McLaren lied to get that 3rd position that they knew was out of bounds at the start of the weekend but they saw the oppurtinity to grab it and they did ..... FOOLS, there's rules and regulations in place for a reason .....

You would have thought that McLaren would have learnt their lesson from the spygate a couple of seasons ago in regards to playing ball fairly with the FIA but it seems not .... once again McLaren have disgraced their fans and yet I still find it surprising that people still support them and Lewis for that matter .....

Before anybody makes any comments about Ferrari:

A) I'm not a true Ferrari fan, I only support them because Kimi drives for them .... believe it or not I used to support McLaren ... I follow the driver not the team ....

B) I understand they twist the rules more than anyone

C) I know that FIA stands for Ferrari International Assistance .....

Nige I respect Hamilton as to what he said, he leaves no issue about his loyalty to the team as just like he said he is a team player, sometimes to remain in that team you need to do as your team does or tells you to do, he's been caught out, it's happened a good few times in the past but at least they're not just passing the blame and taking weeks or months to finally be caught out, they're holding their hands up and saying yes we did it.

And Nige

Basically McLaren lied to get that 3rd position that they knew was out of bounds at the start of the weekend but they saw the oppurtinity to grab it and they did ..... FOOLS, there's rules and regulations in place for a reason .....
The Toyota went off the track meaning the pass was legal under the FIA's own rules. The fact he lied about saying he didn't intentionally give Trulli the pass was what's done him and McLaren in, tbh if he just said yeah I let him by after my team told me over the radio and I was waiting for Charlies response to see I would be allowed to reclaim that place back. Lewis was doing as he was told, it's just like the old days of Schumacher where his teammate would take out his competition.

[+] Wait why does the official release showing the transcript also have it as Hamilton saying "I don't have to let him pass...", he clearly says "If I don't have to let him pass..."

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9115.html

Ah well I guess this means that when Brawn get DQ'd for their tech it will mean Ferrari and McLaren are on equal points. FIA looking after F1 (Ferrari).