We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Brawn GP Diffuser: Ruled Legal

Iced_Bullet

_45660894_button_get_282.jpg

Button has piloted his Brawn to victory in the first two races of the season.

Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, has ruled the Brawn GP car, which has taken Briton Jenson Button to two wins this season, is legal.

A panel heard eight hours of strongly worded evidence on Tuesday after complaints that Brawn, Toyota and Williams, use an illegal diffuser.

And the five International Court of Appeal judges said the designs "comply with the applicable regulations".

All three teams are free to race in the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai.

"The decision comes as no great surprise," said BBC Radio 5 Live Formula One commentator David Croft.

"Already this season two sets of stewards, an FIA president and an FIA race director have thought that the diffuser design of Brawn, Williams and Toyota was OK.

[source - BBC News]

How can Ferrari be appealing?? This was the appeal and they lost, even red bull who originally and who this desicion effects the most has started to make their own one so I have no idea what Ferrari are thinking, apart from acting like sore loosers

How can Ferrari be appealing?? This was the appeal and they lost, even red bull who originally and who this desicion effects the most has started to make their own one so I have no idea what Ferrari are thinking, apart from acting like sore loosers

Just what I heard, might not be true as you say... but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

You tread in dangerous waters, my friend. :evil:

But, in all honesty, I hope Ferrari clears their heads and develops their own diffuser, which will probably be just as good, if not better.

Freedom of speech, okay. I'm sick of fanboys that can't accept to loose...If you aren't, sorry then.;)

Agreed. 3 races behind and 2 were brawns ownage. I'm getting bored if its just Brawn/Redbull on the podium.

:oook: Hows that?, It certainly makes for a completely different season, And i'm sure when ferrari and mclaren etc all get their act together it will make for one very close championship. I think its refreshing to see new drivers and new teams on the podium :)

I mean I don't have anything against them,but it's just that if Brawn keeps going like this,I just haven't got any reason to keep watching F1. The best thing would be that every team would be as good as each other so it wouldn't be just few teams on the podium. It could be Fisichella or Piquet winning the races. But I sure do hope that even some other teams would get their car working and fight for the victory.

With all the changes going on, and the potential the giants like Ferrari and McLaren and even BMW, I simply cannot predict that Brawn is going to win win win as easily as they did.

Its just impossible to say that Brawn WILL win. Its like Manchester United and Chelsea, not like ManU and uhm, Hull City?

i'd be pissed off if they only covered brawn and red bull, sure (what is this, the WRC? where the 2 fastest AND ONLY the 2 fastest get airtime) but they dont, red bull and brawn duke it out upfront but the cameras spend loads of time out towards the middle of the pack where the action was happening, especially in the chinese GP, where McLaren, Torro Rosso, Renult, Force India, ferrari were changing places like mad for the small points. there was loads of coverage of the stuff and it made for great racing!

I'm a ferrari fanboy! :D

With all the changes going on, and the potential the giants like Ferrari and McLaren and even BMW, I simply cannot predict that Brawn is going to win win win as easily as they did.

Its just impossible to say that Brawn WILL win. Its like Manchester United and Chelsea, not like ManU and uhm, Hull City?

Sorry,but I don't know anything about soccer :lol: