We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DLC Episode II - The Ballad Of Gay Tony

Who

[imglink]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/05/gta_gay_tony.jpg[/imglink]

second episode of DLC for GTA IV has been announced!

theres already a summary over on the GTA forums...

The Setting.

This episode's focus on high-end night life in contrast to the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

The Character.

Luis Lopez already plays quite a prominent role in the IV storyline, and is featured in several key mission include 'Three Leaf Clover', 'Museum Piece', 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' and also featured in the Lost and Damned mission 'Diamonds in the Rough'. The three character Niko, Johnny and Luis are brought together as a trinity after completing the 'Museum Piece' mission.

Luis Lopez is a 25-yr old Dominican-American gangster who was born in Liberty City and lives in the Northwood area. Working as an assistant to Tony Prince ('Gay Tony') and a doorman for Tony's nightclubs, Luis is a street gangster who gets caught up in a world of glitz

Seriously got to hand it to the boys and girls at Rockstar North, their creativity, originality and genius is truly one to behold. This game would sell regardless of quality and yet still they put their all into it. They deserve their success more than any other game series imo.

Nice one dodgem/who ;)

I find myself a bit disappointed with the DLC though really. I love the new storyline and added gameplay, but its all nothing new really. A few new bikes, one car and a couple of guns was all we got in TLAD (it was worth it though). But I find it all a bit unfulfilling!

I love playing through all the new missions, meeting new people, but its still in the same old backdrop that for me makes it feel quite repetetive. :)

Sadly i think we'll have to wait until we get multiplatform DLC before we get anything of real 'value' (ie new/changed land features, more proper vehicles).

Liberty city is such a versatile 'sandvox' that anything is possible with it (within reason though)

Despite my belief that this won't be great, I am still really looking forward to this though. Can't wait infact! :)

As ever the best and most upto date info can be found at www.gtagaming.com

Much better than gta forums imo ;)

exclusive aswell sorry shadow, although in happier news the PS3 gets the fallout DLC in the next few months (if you're interested)

also, congratulatiopns, i think you're ALOT less of a blind fanboy over the duration of your stay at TDU:C :p it wasn't that long ago that you'd have said that it would fail and die for being on an xbox 3fixme :p

exclusive aswell sorry shadow, although in happier news the PS3 gets the fallout DLC in the next few months (if you're interested)

also, congratulatiopns, i think you're ALOT less of a blind fanboy over the duration of your stay at TDU:C :p it wasn't that long ago that you'd have said that it would fail and die for being on an xbox 3fixme :p

Why thank you :D

Also $20 says the main character in this ends up being gay. They already had controversy with the schlong in L&TD so i'm betting they will need something equally as controversial for this.

the main character isn't gay, gay tony is the nightclub owner, the story follows luis lopez, the dominican-american street thug who ends up as a doorman to the nightclub, luis lopez is a rough as hell street fighting guy that shows up in the main story on numerous occasions

Wasn't TLAD 1600? I can't remember, everything on XBL is so cheap, let's be realistic. Nothing on there is overly expensive. Unless you live on the streets and can barely afford to eat? In which case sell the damn xbox and get some grub.

Looks interesting, will buy it just cos I buy everything on XBL. :p ^^

They are releasing this on disc with the L&D so might just get that as its roughly the same price as buying them seperate.

Official info from R* email:

theballadofgaytony.jpg

0.gif

Rockstar Games is proud to announce the fall release of both the second episode of Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony - exclusively for download on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which will include both episode one The Lost and Damned, and episode two The Ballad of Gay Tony together on a single disc exclusively for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

The Ballad of Gay Tony will release on Xbox LIVE this fall for $19.99 or 1600 MS points and requires players to have Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download.

Much more information and media to come.

0.gif

url_tony.jpg

0.gif

url_iv.jpg

0.gif

esrb_rp.jpg0.gifxbox360.gif0.gifxboxlive.gif0.gifrockstar.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...