We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2005 Porsche Carrera GT [V1.0] (Rim Updated)

Tool831

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great model ,just testing it!:)

...other than 3 things I've noticed:

1. Door handles should be black.

2. Front wheel wells should also be all black(now they're just partly,there's one gray part to cover still)

3. You fudged those carbon fiber fangs;) in the front bumper. They should be further back so you can't see them from the profile and little bit closer to the sides of that central part of the bumper. Anyway just look at some pics of the car from the side and from the front when there's some light going in there(they are hard to notice irl, maybe make them a little bit darker also...) That's all from me!;) Keep up the good work mate!:D

Just a question but why replace the aston martin vanquish :confused:

I think the choice of your first carrera gt is much better (manual stick shift ) zonda, tvr440r ...

And why on your first carrera gt mod the tires fit good with rims but on this one not the same ?

But this carrera gt have better texture and better interior .

but nice work ;)

So far I've tested 3 cars, Farboud, Edonis and RUF RT12, out of the three the RT12 I liked the most, the Edonis works good, but it has naming problems and it shows as if its revving at 10k RPM's. I think the RTurbo also works.

I put mine on the RT12, it has a lot of interior colours, six speed stick shift, RWD, correct Carrera GT performance and no wheel bugs.

Just a question but why replace the aston martin vanquish :confused:

I wanted to try my new feature 'interior colours' it has alot of interior colours aswell i forgot it wasn't manual but djey is working on seeing if he can change cars to manual etc so maybe that can be fixed.

As for the rims, i can always fix them later when i have the time. :)

Without doing any camera or IK changes, this car should work just about anywhere you might want it, it's great for bodyswapping.

I tried it on 32 different cars, and 14 of them had good driver's views with just minor adjustments to the ingame options, and 26 of them had good hood views.

The best driver's view I found was actually the Spyker C8 Coupe, and the best performance and handling to match the original car was the Edonis.

One weird thing I did see with the bodyswaps that I never noticed before was that the steering wheel position gets moved around. Will the camera or IK swap fix that or is that native to the original car itself???

The best driver's view I found was actually the Spyker C8 Coupe, and the best performance and handling to match the original car was the Edonis.

One weird thing I did see with the bodyswaps that I never noticed before was that the steering wheel position gets moved around. Will the camera or IK swap fix that or is that native to the original car itself???

Was the Spyker's better than the Audi TT?

Anyways, the RUF RT12 matches the Carrera GT's performance more than the Edonis

Porsche Carrera GT is the first car, TDU RT12 is the second, last is the TDU Edonis.

0-60: 3.9 3.8 4.0

Top Speed: 205MPH/330KM 205MPH/330KM 226MPH

HP: 612HP 530HP 720HP

and plus in Top Gear you can see that the Carrera GT can drift good(I think) and in Hardcore mode the RT12 is one of the best.

Was the Spyker's better than the Audi TT?

The Spyker driver's view is just a bit farther back, which gives you a better view of the interior, plus the hand position on the shift knob is better.

Since I haven't tried the camera or IK swap yet, I don't know if they move the steering wheel position, and the wheel position on the TT was better than the Spyker.

What swapping for camera but without bug collision with the seat ?

I replace the mclaren f1 lm ,audi tt IK is good but camera view are a bug collision with player and seat .

Edit: it's ok for me . model swapping:mclaren f1 LM : camera swapping:audi tt : IK swapping:ac289 (fit percfectly).

Stand fix bug and this mod is the best ;)

As for the rims, i can always fix them later when i have the time.

You think really the problem is the rims model , i say that because when i use your first carrera gt (with your rims) this problem not appear on the zonda, but when i use the new carrera gt model on the zonda the rims problem appear :confused:

I think is the tire size no ?

RE edit: MClaren dont fit with my CGT gauges and sound mod by skepsis dawm ^^

Orite... I've tested couple of cars like the Noble M14, Ascari, Farboud and the Rturbo.

I wud say replace the M14 cuz the ride high is cool low :D, the performance is really good and it's fun to drive. There's a camera problem though...

Can anyone help me with this?... Djey? How to use the "Camera & IK" option? Which one to choose ?

[e] If someone for some reason wants his Noble the way it is, I wud say replace the RUF :) the back-bonnet-view isn't the best, but the rest is fine :).

There's a camera problem though...

Can anyone help me with this?... Djey? How to use the "Camera & IK" option? Which one to choose ?

First, install the car mod to the Noble M-14 slot if that's the one you want to replace.

Then before you go into the game make a backup of the DB.bnk file in the Database folder, then run the TDU Modding Tools.

Click the Camera&IK button.

Select the Noble M-14 from the main menu.

Then in the small drop-down box on the lower bar, select the Audi TT, or the Spyker C8.

Click the Apply button, then choose Camera.

Then in the upper right corner of the page click the Save button.

Then just play the game and you should see the camera changes.

I think Tool should mention which IK swap could fit the most to this car, as he did for the cameras.

Anyway Kurgan, thanks for this lil' tuto, as I was too busy this week to write a full explanation. So I will update user guide asap :)