We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado

gingervette

About:

Well, after months of anticipation and after my dad finally had me convinced he wasn't getting me a vehicle, here it is! It is a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado that I absolutely love. I got it on Tuesday, June 2, 2009. It's big, get's terrible gas mileage, kills the environment, and, in all honesty, is completely unneccessary for the kind of driving I will be doing with it lol. But I still love it :)

Specs:

2009 model year. It's an extended cab and 4x4. It has a 4.8 liter V8 that produces 295hp and a sound that is pure poetry lol. It has, as of this post, 141 miles on the odometer. The color is Victory Red and the interior is black/gray two-tone cloth. It doesn't have very many options on it at all so i will list them. It has the LS package which comes with power windows and mirrors and it also has the Heavy Duty Trailering Package.

Photography:

2r77x50.jpg

nh1m55.jpg

ly81l.jpg

Most Importantly:

I thank God for the opportunity to drive and enjoy such a vehicle as this :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I am jealous ........

If only us Brits had big ass V8 powered pick up trucks :sulk:. Seriously that is awesome ... and not to mention the fact you probably have the best pick up truck on sale in North America right now. You gotta love the Chevy suvs/pick ups :D.

If you don't like the car or don't agree with anything about it, don't post. It's simple.

So we are only allowed to post positive things? Not much of a discussion board if it's all happy happy. IMO.

Ps. Your post is actually off-topic too.

as to the person asking about my car (read: moronic hick who negative repped me), i own a bike, and said bike gets me from A to B along with any gear i need on my back. It goes up mountain roads (33% inclines) that i'm sure you have NOTHING like over there, whilst drinking only 1% of a gallon whilst doing so (100 mpg) the clutch is easy to use and allows me to get optimum performance through the manual gearbox.

Infact, I'd like to thank Satan for inspiring me to get such a bad ass cruiser, and also thank china and their wonderful communist agenda that allowed them to make such a wonderful piece of machinery for as little as £700, just goes to show, if you buy American you get an overpriced, over sized machine that has no power and sounds like it's farting. Good Day.

Best post ever from Dodgem, IMO. :)

Does this forum support the horizontal rule BBCode? Let's find out:

<< Guess not. Kinda fail. Never mind, pretend there is a line here. ;)

Just been informed it's a different code on this forum. :)

<< Hmm, maybe not then. :confused:

It's quite a nice machine for what it is, extravagant, but then again, that's what it's all about, right? :)

I wish I had the money to buy a Silverado, then I could spend it on stuff worth the dosh.

I am a firm believer in "do what you want and don't let anyone else affect you", so good on you for getting something you want to have.

As for deleting all the negativity posts, don't bother, just know that they are only posting such comments because they are jealous (usually). Not saying all are, but most. ;)

You should rise above them, (including me), as by deleting all their posts, you are infuriating them that they aren't free to post as they wish (including me).

So we are only allowed to post positive things? Not much of a discussion board if it's all happy happy. IMO.

I am a firm believer in "do what you want and don't let anyone else affect you", so good on you for getting something you want to have.

As for deleting all the negativity posts, don't bother, just know that they are only posting such comments because they are jealous (usually). Not saying all are, but most. ;)

You should rise above them, (including me), as by deleting all their posts, you are infuriating them that they aren't free to post as they wish (including me).

I'm entirely in agreement, face it guys, the dude has bought the truck and he wont take it back cause we don't like it, so in that respect, if anything really actually hurts you deep down, then go to your truck, then hug and cuddle it, for god gave it to you yada yada, your car, your belief, but don't expect us to share your opinion, and seriously, dont expect us to censor our personal opinions on a public forum, us thinking the car is a wasteful extravagance is not an alien concept, would you tell someone on the street that they're wrong if they made a comment?

-Snip-

It's quite a nice machine for what it is, extravagant, but then again, that's what it's all about, right? :)

I wish I had the money to buy a Silverado, then I could spend it on stuff worth the dosh.

+1 (Would rep you but need to spread)

You've hit the point perfectly.

For what must be the 4th or 5th time now, Nice truck Vette. :)

Ps. Your post is actually off-topic too.

Well in the last thread people were taking little digs at him for owning that truck. It's fine to post your opinions, it's good to express your opinions but when people try to force their opinions onto other people and start being argumentative, then it's not alright. It lowers the tone of the forum and that is something that is not needed.

I agree with that, but when people start throwing personal attacks, something needs to be done. Like cleaning up the thread for example. But some people don't seem to want a nice atmosphere here.

Anyway, I'll not bother looking at this thread anymore. I'll just wait till one of the Admins does something because some people just ignore me.

Mellors, I am going to be brutally honest now, delete this and infract me if you so wish, but atleast take these words on board.

Man the hell up, people will listen to you if you used your power properly, removing a whole post because of a single swear (which is filtered anyway), is a little over the top, when Diablo edits swears (Usually mine, sorry..), he removes the offending word and replaces it with something with a similar meaning. That way the posters opinion isn't pushed out and replaced with an image of a "mod cat".

Diablo gave you your power because he obviously feels you know how to use it, so please atleast have the balls to stand up for yourself. Last night's e-mail was a good step, you showed me you actually had the balls to say something to me, and I respect you for that. Now why can't you do that on here?

No point in waiting on the admins when you know what to do, just because you feel you are ignored.

Sorry for major offtopic, but take this on board please. :)

Photography:

Snip

internet_serious_business4.jpg

You did post pictures, it is possible, and the reason you posted them on a forum rather than a blog is that you want opinions, I notice you dont complain about positive feedback about it, you can't have it one way and not the other.

Once again, good day

edit: It actually amazes me that you take the tone of a victim, when your avatar AND signature are negative attacks. You say my posts are childish and that i should take them elsewhere, well criticising a truck that i was invited to comment on (due to it being posted on a forum) is alot less childish than criticizing your president on EVERY post on a forum that has nothing to do with politics

All I wanted was to post pictures of my truck for others to see. As unfortunate as it is, it looks like that is never going to be possible.

Very lovely pics they are too.

Btw, you sig.. "Barack Obama", if you are going to insult someone, atleast have the courtesy to spell their name right.

Why would you post pictures of your car to a blog though? Why would anyone write blogs for that matter. o0 I guess I just don't get that kind of thing, like Twitter, how silly. ^^

Very lovely pics they are too.

Btw, you sig.. "Barack Obama", if you are going to insult someone, atleast have the courtesy to spell their name right.

Who cares about my sig? This thread is about my truck. PMs and my public profile are much more suitable places to talk about such things as my sig.

Stop with the pointless posting.

Major Back On Topic:

I Love The Truck!!!!!!!! Its Looks Great Epsically because its base like My Charger lol and there both red but My Charger only has a V6, Since We Have The Almost Excat Same Truck i Really No What Your On About ;)

Who cares about my sig? Can you not read? This thread is about my truck. PMs and my public profile are much more suitable places to talk about such things as my sig.

Stop with the pointless posting. It's a sentence that even you should be able to understand

Remember the comment about rising above? It's not worth continuing the bickering. I don't care for "but he started it" be the better man and ignore it. If not this thread will face the same fate as it's predecessor.

• 3 months later...

New Picture! The sun left a distracting but kind-of-cool-looking glare...

2e5ppaa.jpg

This was taken at a very rare occasion when both of them were actually clean at the same time. I keep mine clean cause I have a real pet-peeve about a vehicle being clean but it's hard to keep my mom's clean cause she drives all over the place in it.