We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

And mum drives a 2005 Subaru forester Like this one:

*image*

Pretty boring and can't really go offroad properley because of it's size. I'm trying to talk mum into selling it for a Skoda Octavia RS

I suspect an Octavia wouldn't do very well off road, unless it was a Scout version :p

The Octavia vRS is a very nice car, though. Would buy one over a Golf GTI anyway.

I suspect an Octavia wouldn't do very well off road, unless it was a Scout version :p

The Octavia vRS is a very nice car, though. Would buy one over a Golf GTI anyway.

Yeah we are putting that into perspective. The Suby is really our only off road car since the other car we have (the Kluger) is more of a Luxury 4WD and it would probably be rubbish off road anyway. But we will be buying something like an older Land Cruiser or something along those lines soon as we live close to lots of locations like beaches that are only accesible by proper 4WD's.

I never thought that Skoda's would be any good at all but the RS's are excellent! (And most of the other models) Pretty fast for a car that's worth under 40,000 AUD or 20,000 Pounds.

My dad drives a VW Tiguan BlueMotion(mini SUV), 2 litre diesel, we got it Tuesday. My Dad loves it.

And to keep environmentalists happy, it does more MPG then VW Golf.

That Tiguan must me very efficent to beat a golf! Anything with a VW badge on it is brilliant.

I never thought that Skoda's would be any good at all but the RS's are excellent! (And most of the other models) Pretty fast for a car that's worth under 40,000 AUD or 20,000 Pounds.

Ha, yeh. I never used to think much of them until my uncle got my dad's Fabia vRS as a company car (before my dad bought it off my uncle). As soon as I got in it and my uncle put his foot down out of the dealership I was converted. A wolf in sheeps clothing is my perfect description of that car.

I would never chose a Skoda over a VW or something. It might be as fast as a VW and it might be cheaper than one, but driving is also about comfort and interior quality. My mate got a Octavia RS and compared to my eos interior it looks rather odd and low-quality... plus its overestimated. As far as i know his octavia has got around 180hp whereas the new Golf GTI would easily pull away from that with its 230hp.

on topic : my dad bought a brand new carrera 4s today, ill post pics on tuesday when it arrives =)

I would never chose a Skoda over a VW or something. It might be as fast as a VW and it might be cheaper than one, but driving is also about comfort and interior quality. My mate got a Octavia RS and compared to my eos interior it looks rather odd and low-quality... plus its overestimated. As far as i know his octavia has got around 180hp whereas the new Golf GTI would easily pull away from that with its 230hp.

Comparing two cars a generation apart and in a completely different sector is always fair.

A cheap re-map on the MK1 Octavia vRS would've seen 225BHP no problems.

The ride quality in my mum's late 2008 VW Polo is worse than that of the quality in my dads Fabia vRS and the vRS is meant to be "sporty", interior quality of the Fabia is on-par if not slightly better than the Polo - and that version of Polo was released years after the first Fabia.

i never really meant to compare them, i just said its overestimated cos all around these forums i read like glorifying speeches about the skoda octavia/fabia cos its sooooo fast and beats the **** out of every other car.

what i learned (in real life) about that/those cars is that usually some chavs ride them thinking they cud beat everyone in like traffic light races or on the autobahn puttin other drivers into danger.

just recently e.g. one of them idiots pulled left side on the autobahn thinking he'd accellerate fast enuff to pull away in frnt of me, tho he didnt even realise i was going 250km/h straight up to him.

this is just my opinion and this is not meant to be insulting, guess its just cos of some german idiots. counts for other cars as well (e.g. golf gti, golf III, opel/vauxhall vectra/astra AND especially old bmw 3series)

this is just my opinion and this is not meant to be insulting, guess its just cos of some german idiots. counts for other cars as well (e.g. golf gti, golf III, opel/vauxhall vectra/astra AND especially old bmw 3series)

I agree with you to some aspect. Volskwagen would have a slightly higher quality level to skoda because it's German but I don't really spot the difference. All the octavia rs is , is really a facelifted passat with a Golf GTi engine (well i think it is), made in czeck Republic and cheaper cheaper price tag put on it. The top of the range RS-P which has just come out in our country is almost cheaper than the entry passat. The ride comfort might not be as specky as the passat but the rs is designed to be a bit more sporty and fast(ish) which the passat is designed to be a very smooth and pleasent ride.

But I like the sound of the Octavia since it's a wagon so it's plenty big enough to pack our bags and the dog and go for a trip without any hassles as well as having the power whenever you need it.

All the octavia rs is , is really a facelifted passat with a Golf GTi engine (well i think it is), made in czeck Republic and cheaper cheaper price tag put on it.

Actually it's based on the Golf V chassis. We have a '05 Octavia 1.6 FSI and it's a great car, amazing value for money.

Actually it's based on the Golf V chassis. We have a '05 Octavia 1.6 FSI and it's a great car, amazing value for money.

Your probably right I was only guessing but are you sure because look at the similrity between the wagon models: (I didn't take them they are from http://www.netcarshow.com)

Passatt:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/austinmartindb9/Passat.jpg

Octavia Rs:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/austinmartindb9/Skoda-Octavia_RS_Combi_2010_1024x76.jpg

That is hopefully the exact type and colour we will hopefully be getting :)

If you didn't know, VW owns the Skoda company so those 2 cars are basically the exact same but with a different badge at the front. They mostly also use the same VAG engines.

But why are you discussing Skoda's? They're...Skoda's.....who would want that..?

Personally i think the VAG cars are generally boring, they're not bad, but boring.

As the E30 325i would be to expensive to insure as a first car, i changed my mind.

Getting it at the end of the year, which is far enough away so i can save up some more :lol:

Didn't you say that you were going to get a Ferrari F355? :lol:

I still don't have a car :( I found this old 928 GT(Or a 928 S4) thats beat up, if I can get my hands on it(aka buy it) and restore it, that might be my first car, even though its hard restoring a car and 928s usually have monstrous repair/service bills.... I want Front Engine, RWD for my first car though.

R33'ish !

im drivin a R33 in BELGIUM ! :O

believe me or not, here are the piccy's, with the plate, to not confuse u guys (:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5176/bild0013o.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/bild0008n.jpg/

these pictures have been taken with my phone, sorry for the quality :/

also made one with my new exhaust (:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8457/demper1.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/148/demper.jpg

recently place a turbo as well, and also an stronger clutch :)

these are old pictures tho, it advanced a lot in look's (:

enjoy this eyecandy ^^:excited: