We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Removed mod made by complete Looney

Guest M4v3R1cK

Guest M4v3R1cK
    superb idea, waiting for german police car :D

don´t be angry, but i have to ask: is there also a way to replace the crappy model with a better one? ;)

Nah don't worry I won't get angry... good taste shouldn't be punished! :))

For now the game modifications are SIZE limited; so the model can't be changed unless I can shrink a car :)

Nevertheless, (to be honest with you) I'm very fussy myself and this level of details on the car satisfies me plenty. I reckon this is the best that we can get our hands on (for now)! I've gone to great lengths to hide the horrendous work Atari did on the cop cars. It was pretty stupid to ride a Ferrari F430 and get chased by those nasty looking "things" :D

one of atari´s main problem could be the performance when making better traffic-cars. of course it´s possible to make any car as well as the cars that could be driven, but when TDU came out, nobody had a gpu which was able to handle it.

i´m looking forward to tdu2, but you made a great effort to make tdu1 better :thumbsup:

Rep.

Guest M4v3R1cK

The next step is up to someone who has sound modding experience and a version of need for speed with cops to import the fantastically realistic sounds of the chase from High Stakes or Hot Pursuit or better yet Most Wanted. The cops here sound like they are shouting in an empty toilet :D and they sound pretty similar to disgruntled game developer employees… I reckon NO ONE did it better than EA back when Need For Speed series was far ahead of the competition. Too bad it grew more and more apart from what made it great. With each version they drifted apart from realism and I finally gave up on them after the hilarious NFS carbon (which might also have good sounds – I'm not sure)

Guest M4v3R1cK
    This is great! But can't you reskin them to look like an E39?

I'll probably release more varieties if I can find the time BUT re skinning the cop car is far more unpredictable than you think. It's not like normal cars and it acts very strangely due to all the vinyl that is added on top.

If there was a way to mod the 3d maybe it would be possible to request models but concentrate on one phrase right now..."UNPREDICTABLE" :p

Guest M4v3R1cK
    Wouldn't this be counted as a texture mod? Cause the model hasn't been edited. :)

(No doubt someone is gonna quash me for saying that like normal)

Thanks for appreciating all the effort I made Tool. It is a great contribution to say something completely irrelevant to the topic. :confused:

Thanks for appreciating all the effort I made Tool. It is a great contribution to say something completely irrelevant to the topic. :confused:

Sorry.

I have downloaded it though. :cheeky: Oh and that im using it.

Guest M4v3R1cK

Holy %$* @ 800 downloads in a few hours...

WOW this is pretty interesting... 900+ views and downloads in less than a day... :thumbsup:

I guess everyone was as disgusted as I was with the default cop cars!

Thanx 4 all the nice comments people, it encourages me to do more ;)

They are Saab's (Swedish made cars) :P

The put Saab grilles on and modified the mesh slightly to make them look not entirely like Crown Victorias. By making the standard police car look kinda' like a Crown Vic (normal US police car) at a glance, they didn't need to pay for the licensing for having it in the game. (The last bit's just my theory, but they are obviously supposed to look something like Crown Victorias - I agree, though, they do look terrible :cheeky:).

-Leadfoot

Guest M4v3R1cK

Dear Diablo

Following the recent events here in TDU-C, and particularly the handling of the matter by the admin, I would like my BMW pursuit post to be completely removed from the web site. To me TDU-C was best known for its user's contributions and these contributions defined the community and kept it alive. It's sad to see this appalling treatment for one whose only sin was to improve the user experience here with dedication of time and effort (no matter how small or large).

I tried to remove the thread myself but could not find the link. As my visits here grow more scares in the future, please make sure my file is not uploaded here again.

Regards

Jeff

Dear Diablo

Following the recent events here in TDU-C, and particularly the handling of the matter by the admin, I would like my BMW pursuit post to be completely removed from the web site. To me TDU-C was best known for its user's contributions and these contributions defined the community and kept it alive. It's sad to see this appalling treatment for one whose only sin was to improve the user experience here with dedication of time and effort (no matter how small or large).

I tried to remove the thread myself but could not find the link. As my visits here grow more scares in the future, please make sure my file is not uploaded here again.

Regards

Jeff

Really? Grow up. It's the wrong section, sorry but it is, why is that such an issue? If you are that determined to leave edit your original post and remove the link, then never come back. It's pretty simple, and I'll speak for everyone when I say your attitude has been poor throughout this and created an atmosphere that no one on this site wants to experience.

Nice mod, poor conduct.