We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show your phone!

superhyper

I had iOS 4 on my 3g.

Honestly, it was terrible. The lag on everything made it hard work and coming from iOS 3 where everything worked fine it felt almost unusable. iOS4 on my 3G was one of my main reasons for wanting an iPhone 4. I wasn't even at app whore really either, had about 15 on it.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

I'm swaying towards the 3GS but every extra £ is punching a hole in my bank account. Buying an iPhone for £200-£300 and getting my car sorted out which will cost £400 is eating into my savings.

I'll probably just buy it anyway because I'm a fool.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3GS is fine on iOS 4. (assuming that's what you bought) As for the 3G, my personal experience with iOS 4 on it was bad. This is echoed an awful lot across the interwebs, but people only feel compelled to post when things are bad so it's possibly an unfair representation.

The 3GS is fine on iOS 4. (assuming that's what you bought) As for the 3G, my personal experience with iOS 4 on it was bad. This is echoed an awful lot across the interwebs, but people only feel compelled to post when things are bad so it's possibly an unfair representation.

Yeh, I spoilt myself and got a 16GB 3GS. I did contemplate buying a 16GB 3G from some guy who said it was running on iOS 4.1 as well as it ran on iOS 3.x.x but I didn't want to risk it. Got the 3GS from some eBay shop which only sells iPhones and everyone who'd purchased one from them seemed more than happy so I trusted them a bit more.

As I think I said in a previous post my friend from college has a 3G and he said his ran iOS 4 fine but I get the feeling it's just luck of the draw.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up this little beauty the other day, cost a bomb but I always think it's worth it if you can get the latest kit. I know you're probably thinking that it's way too small to use properly but you'd be surprised how easy-to-use it is, especially on the go. All my mates keep telling me it'll never catch on but whatever, they're probably just jealous.

IMG_0700.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard Windows Phone 7 is pretty crap, although I've had no first-hand experience with it, only an old version of Windows Mobile which was alright I guess. Android is meant to be very good, but again I have no first-hand experience with it.

I was looking at the HD2 before I got my iPhone and it looked pretty good but I think I remember someone on here saying not to bother with it for some reason.

Well, I got my phone delivered yesterday and have been playing around with it since, and to be honest I absolutely love it.

Its my first Android phone (I've had a Symbian before which was terrible) Its very easy to get to grips with, especially the built-in Facebook and Twitter apps.

I haven't used any new phones with WP7 so I personally can't do a comparison. Best bet is going into a phone shop and asking if you can have a play around with both OS's and then seeing what you like best.

Very helpful :lol:

You know what I'm like :cheeky:

I did realise when I was about to click "Submit Reply" that it wasn't very useful but.. yeh.

Phone's are not my expertise. My sister bought an Android phone yesterday, I might steal that off her for a while to see what it's like and then report back.

Good luck stealing a new phone from your sister (esp after Jazzeh just mentioned she hasn't stopped playing with it since).

Here's my main dilemma. When it comes to desktop PC's, it's all pretty much Microsoft. Add to the fact I work as an IT Systems Engineer - so the average day consists f using Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, Exchange 2007, MS Office & Outlook 2007/2010, and so on.

A Microsoft phone would fit in better with those tools, and make my job slightly easier, esp as Windows phones often have more IT-related apps.

On the other side of the coin, everything 'online' for personal use lies with Google. Gmail, Maps, Docs, Sites, YouTube, Picasa Web Albums (don't use their PC software), etc. I'm not a complete Google nut as I don't really fancy Chrome (not sure why, I did try it when it first came out; I currently have IE9 Beta and Opera installed).

Whenever you install Google software, it secretly creates tasks in Windows Task Scheduler to check for updates on a regular basis. That's not a bad thing, but I like programs to be upfront about how and when they access the Internet, I must be a control freak or something. :nuts: The original looks of Chrome didn't do a lot for me either. Opera looks nicer, is slightly quicker, but is only used when the Internet is slow.

Oh right, back to phones. I don't mind the looks of WP7 although the HTCSense on Android is obviously much better. I've had a quick play with a HTC Wildfire or similar to see what Android is like. Not bad, but I've been pretty burnt with Nokia and Symbian. I thought when I purchased their top-of-the-range phone 2 years ago I might get a little VIP treatment with support, updates, new features, etc. Nothing. 3 never passed on the few updates that came around. The phone also freezes when I try to listen to music and surf the net, and the reception was worse than the iPhone 4 glitch.

Yeah, so both Android and WP7 are looking good so far, I just need to give it some more time to find out which is better, and wait for a phone that's hardware is substantially better than my N96. Did you know my phone is a PVR - not that Australia broadcasts any DVB-H signals around here (H for handheld, DVB-T is Terrestial, for normal TVs).

Well, I thought I'd post up a couple of pictures of mine with its case :lol:

I'm still madly in love with it and still want to play with it all day long :lol:

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b427/Jazzikins/DSCF0230.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b427/Jazzikins/DSCF0233.jpg

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b427/Jazzikins/DSCF0231.jpg

• 2 weeks later...