We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Those [expletive] 'Evony' Ads

Immelmann

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! (Including the top of this page right now) :eek:

Ack, these ads are driving me nuts, and I figured that, considering they seem to make up 40% of the ads I see during my time on the internet, they warranted a thread. Beyond that is the comment spam you see all over the place. I just can't recall seeing anything go this far, well, ever.

Or am I the only one bothered by them?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I kinda wonder how some of them made it through Google's ad criteria. According to their guidelines, those would be considered too racy for them to accept...

theres something you can use called privoxy, which works on chrome, however it does screw up browsing at times (did to me atleast) as for some reason when using multiple tabs it would change the domain to the first tab (in my case facebook) so i woulld give me:

forum.facebook.com/showthread.php?=xxxxxxxxxxxxx

which is irritating

I've already contacted Google about it, just waiting to hear back from them. Also I think there is a feedback to Google you guys can use to inform them also. I'll try and find the link again.

Looks like we're not the only ones: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense/thread?tid=7c9ef267b8b3c01f&hl=en

Also you can give feedback on the ads here: http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/request.py?display=feedback

I've also found via the link above an updated list of blocked sites to filter, hopefully Google will actually take action and get rid of these guys.

• 2 weeks later...