We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW: Week 46 Vote (Whoa! 56K Beware!)

Speed

PotW: Week 46 Winner  

55 members have voted

1. 1. PotW: Week 46 Winner

• 1. HappyTreeFriend
    • 2. Iced Bullet
    • 3. AZ-1
    • 4. LightStar
    • 5. Kelvjy
    • 6. T1M
    • 7. Tdu_Hedge93
    • 8. EmKill
    • 9. shadee43
    • 10. T3hReaper
    • 11. TheScottishSpotter
    • 12. Pressurized
    • 13. pyrre
    • 14. zo6dude
    • 15. EyeKatcher
    • 16. RX_37
    • 17. apl300
    • 18. DoMw94
    • 19. Thrill Yet
    • 20. iJack94
    • 21. CarFreak
    • 22. andrew1320
    • 23. RamseyOfficial
    • 24. yoe_driver
    • 25. Tool831
    • 26. Car Freak
    • 27. Mellors
    • 28. remmiB
    • 29. big-t1991
    • 30. Grin116
    • 31. Robiin
    • 32. Leadfoot[YT]
    • 33. Epic Sponge
    • 34. Baltoman
    • 35. GalyPoland
    • 36. haxorgr
    • 37. Risingsun
    • 38. porschedesign
    • 39. BeliarPL
    • 40. 560BHP
    • 41. GTAMADDOG
    • 42. manooga
    • 43. aleksin
    • 44. M a r c o P o l o
    • 45. InVo
    • 46. kuenzelde
    • 47. Andreaz1
    • 48. SmoothSaleen
    • 49. StReAm.
    • 50. slogun
    • 51. Flying_Eagle
    • 52. F03N1X
    • 53. Ryzza5
    • 54. AudiHo
    • 55. Mr.Xaoc
    • 56. weishen
    • 57. Ozzmcom
    • 58. Cuban_Legend
    • 59. dmns
    • 60. nmilosev
    • 61. Speed

By the way, Why am i 56'th down in this thread list when i was the 19th to post a pic back in the thread?

I'm guessing because of this one:

Hey Speed, was it fun copying and pasting 57 entries? :confused:

Was it fun realising you had missed some people and adding them in at the end? :o

Then copying and pasting 60 seperate names into a poll, was that exciting? :eek:

Then realising you might as well enter too, and adding yourself? Was that good? :rolleyes:

Yes actually, it was a laugh, thanks for asking :p

:cheeky:

Yes that is the reason. If you see the entry thread, you are not in the list of entrants because I missed you, and a few other people. Because of this I had to add you at the end, rather than changing every number after the position you should be, which would have been a lot of work.

Yes that is the reason. If you see the entry thread, you are not in the list of entrants because I missed you, and a few other people. Because of this I had to add you at the end, rather than changing every number after the position you should be, which would have been a lot of work.

I understand.If a mistake was made while formatting the poll and the poll thread that is understandable, you are human.

But I believe that It's only reasonable that the entries should remain in the order in which they were submitted. Even if it only retains the submission picture order and not the poll voting order.

If you did not wish to re-number each entry when a mistake is made, then I don't see it to be unreasonable to suggest that you don't have to number them when posting the Pictures alongside the entrants name in the Poll Thread to begin with. Since there is really no need to, seeing as to vote: matching up the entrants name by the picture and in the poll is enough. Then it would save you both formatting time, and allow you to reorder entries if a mistake is noted after the initial Thread formatting.

Just a friendly suggestion that might make your greatly appreciated work of organizing all this, a bit more easy and manageable when mistakes are made. :)

I understand.If a mistake was made while formatting the poll and the poll thread that is understandable, you are human.

But I believe that It's only reasonable that the entries should remain in the order in which they were submitted. Even if it only retains the submission picture order and not the poll voting order.

If you did not wish to re-number each entry when a mistake is made, then I don't see it to be unreasonable to suggest that you don't have to number them when posting the Pictures alongside the entrants name in the Poll Thread to begin with. Since there is really no need to, seeing as to vote: matching up the entrants name by the picture and in the poll is enough. Then it would save you both formatting time, and allow you to reorder entries if a mistake is noted after the initial Thread formatting.

Just a friendly suggestion that might make your greatly appreciated work of organizing all this, a bit more easy and manageable when mistakes are made. :)

I understand what you are saying, and I'm sure that Speed will. But numbers are used so it's easier for the voter to find the picture in the poll. Without any numbers the voter would have to read every entrants name in the list until they found the person they are voting for.

Editing the order of the poll is out of the window. We can only move the entrants name and amount of votes. They are in two separate boxes so that doubles the times. But we can't move the actual voters names around. So if the poll was re-ordered it would get messed up with voters in the wrong places.

The way that PotW is setup and run now is the quickest and easiest way that Speed can do it. He runs PotW in his free time and I'm sure that he won't want to spend extra time on it just to re-order the entrants because there was a mistake.

I understand what you are saying, and I'm sure that Speed will. But numbers are used so it's easier for the voter to find the picture in the poll. Without any numbers the voter would have to read every entrants name in the list until they found the person they are voting for.

Editing the order of the poll is out of the window. We can only move the entrants name and amount of votes. They are in two separate boxes so that doubles the times. But we can't move the actual voters names around. So if the poll was re-ordered it would get messed up with voters in the wrong places.

The way that PotW is setup and run now is the quickest and easiest way that Speed can do it. He runs PotW in his free time and I'm sure that he won't want to spend extra time on it just to re-order the entrants because there was a mistake.

I understand the plus side to being able to match up numbers and more ease of use when voting.

But I'm not speaking of ease of use for voters, but on behalf of the ease for Speed to manage the thread if he makes a mistake. : ) Just in regards to retaining the order of pictures to be the same as the order in the Submission thread. IE: The entrance order.

I understand the downside to voters if you do not number the Pictures in the thread. But it's a balanced Compromise, as it would make post-formatting editing of the Pictures Order (such as moving around pictures or adding in missing ones where they belong) without the added hassle of having to completely Renumber them all. It's basically a give-and-take situation. Voters give up some of thier comfort and ease of voting, to gain Speed much more comfort and Ease of POTW Thread management.

----

And about the poll editing, I believe you misunderstood some of my post. I never suggested that he edit the poll alongside the pictures in the thread. In fact I deliberately mentioned not editing the poll (as I know how difficult it can be to edit a poll once posted.) Remember, I only suggested not numbering the pictures in the thread posts and leaving the poll alone. In my opinion the order of the poll does not matter.

----

Allow me to state my reasoning, if someone was first to submit a photo and his picture was missing and then added later to the bottom... you can see where it would be unfair to the person who submitted the picture.

This is because it is a general routine to post the Pictures in the order in which the users submitted them, the ones who submitted early, get to be on top, and those who submitted later are subsequently below them, all the way until nearing the bottom.

:) Just wanted to clear things up.

Voted for 44. M a r c o P o l o so we are tied now man. 5-5 :thumbsup:

I also liked Happytreefriend's pic (great shot that deserves votes) and some other that made the decision a tough work. But finally that surprise-faced Porsche with his big eyes and his wide open mouth has captivated me.;)

Good luck.

Thak you guys, as Galy said it was really difficult this week. Winning with only 6 votes indicates that there were a lot of high quality pics.

And thank you canhoto10, your vote was decisive:D.

And now I am SOOOO EXCITED :thumbsup: :excited:

I'm going to edit my signature:cheeky:

Thak you guys, as Galy said it was really difficult this week. Winning with only 6 votes indicates that there were a lot of high quality pics.

And thank you canhoto10, your vote was decisive:D.

And now I am SOOOO EXCITED :thumbsup: :excited:

I'm going to edit my signature:cheeky:

No problem:cheeky: