We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your worst gaming experience

Firestorm998

Just wondering what some of your bad gaming moments were. I don't mean bad games, I mean things like getting pwned on Halo3 by an 8 year old, or Crysis melting your GPU.

Two that stick in my mind were getting Half-life 2 on disc on release day, getting home like a giggling schoolkid only to find out it needed online activation. I had no internet.

I'm afraid TDU on PC gets the worst for me though. I'd completed it bar the 130mph Shelby Cobra speed mission. When I tried to enter it - with great anticipation that I was about to finish single-player - TDU crashed... every time, the pad nearly ended up through the monitor! I had to start it all over again. It worked in that playthrough (you bet I tried that mission as soon as it was unlocked!)

Easy

Counter Strike Source.

In an old clan with Mistermojo and TehReaper.

Well, they might not have been in the same matchs as me at the time but we were in the same clan and I was with other clan members atleast.

We got into quite a few matches and failed so hard it wasn't laughable for us or the other team. As in we'd barely get a kill between us and we'd loose by quite alot of rounds. That happened alot of times. No-one did training, no-one took it seriously but half the clan still wanted to enter tournements and whatever.

Quite embarrasing if you ask me, lol.

When I first built my PC, it was fine till I tried to play a game and I kept getting BSOD. Ran a memtest later that day to find out one of my sticks of RAM was faulty. Had to send all 4GB back to get them replaced. I'd only built it that day too. Had to go a couple f weeks not being able to use it. >.<

Easy

Counter Strike Source.

Well, they might not have been in the same matchs as me at the time but we were in the same clan and I was with other clan members atleast.

We got into quite a few matches and failed so hard it wasn't laughable for us or the other team. As in we'd barely get a kill between us and we'd loose by quite alot of rounds. That happened alot of times. No-one did training, no-one took it seriously but half the clan still wanted to enter tournements and whatever.

Good times lol.

The main thing about that which annoyed me was people's attitudes toward the clan. I didn't care that we did pretty badly, it was bareble. The bad attitudes were the main reason our clan messed up.

Nothing comes to mind in my case, apart from being really annoyed at old console games. The later missions on DRIV3R are bloody impossible.

Going through the hell of installing Colin McRae Rally 2005 (5 CDs, before the DVD era... I'm sure anyone who has installed a game from multiple CDs remembers those damn "There's an incorrect CD in the drive, please insert Disc 1" messages) only to find out my PC is too weak to run it. >_>

Easy

Counter Strike Source.

That was the days...

And yeah i had matches like that as well but that clan wasn't all bad.

I think its the same for me though really. Not had much bad experience...

Good :D

Just thought of another bad gaming experience...

Playing GTASA and doing well untill the mission where you have to shoot the annoying RC planes. I stopped playing at that point.

Also when i bought GTL and it wont work on Windows 7

Compatibility mode ftw.

I remember summat annoying on GTASA too, I got halfway through the Las Venturas missions and almost completed the game. I decided to make a new save for my brother, overwriting mine by accident :cry:

lol, I have absolutely loads.

Recently though was playing Fallout 3.

I went into my house in Megatron and put my character to sleep and saved... without thinking I overwrote the 'autosave'.

Next time I played I started and could not get out of the small room I slept in because my 'buddy' was stuck between the desk and door. No matter what I did he would not budge. I even tried killing him, but he's invincible and would cut me to shreds with his minigun. I 'fired' him and told him to leave nothing worked.

The problem was my last gamesave was over 12 hours of playtime before that.

I was so angry I didn't play it for over a month... until I had worked up the motivation to play through the last 12 hours again.

lol, I have absolutely loads.

Recently though was playing Fallout 3.

I went into my house in Megatron and put my character to sleep and saved... without thinking I overwrote the 'autosave'.

Next time I played I started and could not get out of the small room I slept in because my 'buddy' was stuck between the desk and door. No matter what I did he would not budge. I even tried killing him, but he's invincible and would cut me to shreds with his minigun. I 'fired' him and told him to leave nothing worked.

The problem was my last gamesave was over 12 hours of playtime before that.

I was so angry I didn't play it for over a month... until I had worked up the motivation to play through the last 12 hours again.

Ouch.

I have Fallout 3, not installed at the moment. It has it's moments but the combat/movement is too clunky for my liking.

ohh...my worst moments, apart from getting hammered on COD5 by spawn campers on the dam smallest map (dome, literally 100 metres by 100 and 64 peeps in impossible to play on) has got to be one day on RD:GRID

Multiplayer, damage on, long races (fun =D) full server was going well...until 3 left and 3 people from the same clan joined, all russians(could tell by the long strings of a's, o's, i's, and u's they spouted out) every single race became unbearable because they would team up on one player at a time and crash them out of the race, it happened to me first every race because i always started at the back(i so hate the starting grid) and on my favourite race, Le Mans 24 hour (as the races were long, it was 1 hour long), i managed to survive 3 laps (just over 7 mins in the audi r10) and then they came for me, i was long in the lead so what they did was waited for me at the second chicane on the long straight and blocked the road, i managed to stop in time (the brakes are insane, 250>100 in 100 metres) but they wouldnt let me pass, i warned the other guys who stopped behind me and we slowly moved closer and closer to the russians, one of thm moved slightly and i floored it into the gap with the others close behind, we got through but not without damage. My steering and front wheels were shot meaning i would lose the race and easily be caught but still, i raced on.

Next lap they got me, forced me sideways into the gravel and flipped my car, they then continued to smash into it even once they had damaged me out. Not even 10 minutes of the full hour was over, needless to say, i left the game completely

GTA IV.

Complete save game, 99% (had a few pigeons left to kill) BANG... save game corrupt.

The game still hasn't been reinstalled.

Wow ouch! And your sanity was still intact?:nuts:

I once lost a PS2 memory card full of completed playthroughs including Ico, GT A-spec with 100% completion and 100% win ratio, FFX with 160+ hours of gameplay plus many more - Devoed!:cry: It was on my mind still 6 months later when I found it after moving house :excited:

ohh...my worst moments, apart from getting hammered on COD5 by spawn campers on the dam smallest map (dome, literally 100 metres by 100 and 64 peeps in impossible to play on) has got to be one day on RD:GRID

Multiplayer, damage on, long races (fun =D) full server was going well...until 3 left and 3 people from the same clan joined, all russians(could tell by the long strings of a's, o's, i's, and u's they spouted out) every single race became unbearable because they would team up on one player at a time and crash them out of the race, it happened to me first every race because i always started at the back(i so hate the starting grid) and on my favourite race, Le Mans 24 hour (as the races were long, it was 1 hour long), i managed to survive 3 laps (just over 7 mins in the audi r10) and then they came for me, i was long in the lead so what they did was waited for me at the second chicane on the long straight and blocked the road, i managed to stop in time (the brakes are insane, 250>100 in 100 metres) but they wouldnt let me pass, i warned the other guys who stopped behind me and we slowly moved closer and closer to the russians, one of thm moved slightly and i floored it into the gap with the others close behind, we got through but not without damage. My steering and front wheels were shot meaning i would lose the race and easily be caught but still, i raced on.

Next lap they got me, forced me sideways into the gravel and flipped my car, they then continued to smash into it even once they had damaged me out. Not even 10 minutes of the full hour was over, needless to say, i left the game completely

God I really *swear word* hate people who do that. Just makes you want to be a hacker so you can send a crippling virus over to their computers doesn't it? My blood boils just reading about it...

Anyway, one of my worst experiences was from more than 6 years ago (gosh, has it really been that long?), back when I was still playing Gameboy and Pokemon. My parents have never been supportive of my gaming, so the only Gameboy I ever had was the original GameBoy Pocket, which was a present from my mum's friend in '96 or '97 (means I played it for 7 years...), and the first (and only) game for it that i got which I actually wanted came a few years later - Pokemon Yellow

Anyway I spent a year or so taking my time and playing it slowly, and was mighty pleased with my progress. One fine day I decided to finish the thing and went to battle the Elite Four. The most difficult series of battles, it took my a lot of tries to do it. Imagine my delight when, by a random, computer-generated stroke of luck, I managed to beat them! It was a really intense fight so i saved the game and switched if off to rest a while. 30mins later i was feeling random so i decided to start a new game just for fun (i'd done this many times before) - the intention was just to muck about and not save. Err, I think you can probably guess what I accidentally did... :crying: <headdesk>

I haven't touched Pokemon or my GameBoy since. I still have it though, and i'm pretty sure it still works, except for some mould growing between the LCD and plastic outer covering. The display itself is fine, I just can't see what it's displaying... :cheeky:

Good :D

Just thought of another bad gaming experience...

Playing GTASA and doing well untill the mission where you have to shoot the annoying RC planes. I stopped playing at that point.

Also when i bought GTL and it wont work on Windows 7

I stopped playing on the sxact same mission.