We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Iceman on fire!

superhyper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2XP_PgJq-A

...The Ferrari man was forced to pit for repairs and was later involved in a bizarre incident with Heikki Kovalainen in the pitlane when the Finn tore off the fuel hose when leaving his pits.

The accident caused a big fire right in front of Raikkonen's car and got fuel into the Finn's eye.

Raikkonen recovered to sixth position, but reckoned a top three finish was possible.

"What happened on the first lap ruined my race," said Raikkonen. "First I was hit at the first corner, then when trying to pass Webber, I was hit and lost the front wing.

"At the pitstop, I ended up with some drops of petrol in my eye, from the fuel line stuck on Kovalainen's car and then I was engulfed in flames and blinded: I was going to stop, but luckily the flames soon went out.

"Even now, my eyes are still burning, but I'm alright. After the restart, I could only try and use the strategy to move up the order and at least I brought home a few points.

"I am disappointed because today I'm sure we could have made it to the podium. There is one race to go: let's see what we can do in Abu Dhabi to get back that third place...

:shocked: That seriously was insane!

(finnish commentary ftw btw)

I just lol'd when I saw this version (the finns get 2 versions: the live one with different commentary and this one which is a bit shortened) and on this video the commentator thinks that Kimi is Fisichella :facepalm:

Commentator 1: "...vielä syttyy Fisichellan auton lämmöistä tuo.." 'Fisichella's cars heat ignites fire'

Commentator 2: "...ei..eiku...." 'no...he's Räik...' (or something like that)