We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Call Of Duty MW2 Toughts

Judasneon

I honestly don't know what's funnier, Infinity Warts utter failure or the bitter PC crowd.

I fully appreciate the well constructed critique some people have delivered but it's when it comes down to insulting the platform used to demo the game and making flow charts.. really? Dear me.

I actually have little excitement for this game anymore and my platform of choice hasn't even been tampered with to any great extent.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the launch is in 4 days....I think that IW has lost out with this game and it could have been the biggest ever?

There is no Lean, No Dedicated servers and we are not allowed mods?

we are not asking for the earth just these 3 simple things, to the PC community it is this game COD that has kept the FPS games alive....

There are servers out there that host battlefield 1942 and other fps but like I say COD is that type of game everyone loves.

I play on PC and have not slated XBOX or PS, its not thier problem that IW/Activision have lost the way?

IW/Activision have made the game they would have for the Xbox/PS anyway, it is the PC side that has suffered as they are trying to launch a game accross all platforms, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is a classic example of why the Internet side of play will not work for the PC.

They say that IW.Net will hand hosting rights over to the next best available person if the person hosting switches off?

what if that person does not wish to have the rights or allow IW.Net throught the Firewall which I know I do not want anyone or thing inside my computer.

Now with Xbox/PS you are not at risk of Spyware or Viruses/Infections, where the PC has a lot of information on other than a game?

I know that I store hundreds of photos and other programs, letters and passwords on my system and I do not want anyone having access to it thank you....

My respects to people who play whatever they play?

If someone is playing the Xbox version of the game & I play the PC version and say were friends we will talk about what we have done in the game and how easy or difficult we found it to do?

but my point is its IW/Activision who has made the mistake not the gaming community so all the Biatchin on the other Forums that have petitions and other slagging matches going on, on them is just plain stupic.

IW has everyone at each others throat Xbox/PS and Pc communities are slagging each other off because of a game and they way that a games company want you to play it?

I know that if it was the other way around and they said that they want Xbox and PS to be able to have or enter Dedi servers you would love the experience but it is a problem for them as they do suffer with Lagg?

My friend has Xbox 360 live, he is addicted to Gears of War, I have watched him play and we have spoken about the players that go in there and the age and the thing that pops out at you is the lack of players.

By this I mean that at most he has 8 players in his hosted game and some of them warp and lagg so much its hard to kill them as by the time you have shot them they are not there, so therfor you have to shhot them by a lead shot thats anticipating where thay my be?

I play on PC like I have said and I play in a server every night called A TIN OF, now they have 2 servers running both with 32 player limits thats 16 a side and they are fun, there may be the odd cheat that come in but they soon get kicked because a code comes up with whatever cheat they have enabled.

We are not going to see weather a player has a cheat enabled but we know how well we are able to play a game and you know that they are cheating but you are powerless to do anything about it?

I wont lie, I have cancelled my order but I have just reordered it as I love the COD games so much I have it just for the single player mode after I finish it I will either sell it on Ebay or put it on the shelf with other games I dont play anymore......

Well heres to everyone out there waiting for this and torn apart by all the slagging off that has gone on....Remember its not you its the big game companys that are trying to brain wash you and heard you all like sheep to do as they want.

You won't download it. You'll get me to download it for you. Plus I think you're gonna need Steam to activate it, so its highly unlikely you'll be able to pirate it. And you won't buy it, your dad will.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys.

And someone from another forum said that boycotting isn't the way to go. Buying it, then moaning and complaining about every little flaw of IW.net will get things done.

And someone from another forum said that boycotting isn't the way to go. Buying it, then moaning and complaining about every little flaw of IW.net will get things done.

You have no clue, if we buy it and complain they don't care, we bought the game, so that's money for them. If we don't buy the game, no money for them and if they fix this issue then people will buy it. Worst thing you can do now is buy the bloody game.

MARK1992/extremeironing/plenty more which even i can't remember :p

Ah, Mark I remember you :) Yes I haven't been on TDU-C for a while. I don't recognize half the people here now. Only if the regulars :) Too many newbies :D

Sorry for off topic, Private chat me mark.

"I know we'll teach IW a lesson:

We'll all pirate their game.

Then they'll never make games for PC users again.

Ha! That'll teach em!" :rolleyes:

Nice one guys. ;)

Both side are fighting a battle they can't win.

Best just to give up and admit defeat.

i've buyed this game yesterday in the evening, after more trouble with steam (this ****ing program have tried to download the complete game from his server !!!!!!!!!) i've launched the game.

I don't have words to describe it........wonderful is too reductive, awesome (a lot), the graphic is marvellous, the game is a fluid motion, no lag in the multiplayer, the maps are very beautiful, more detailed, the characters are full of details. with my pc i play at 1280x1024, with aa 2x, texture extra, details extra shadow extras e dead body full level.

the perfect sequel of the old modern warfare

Still not buying the game. Single player looks good and graphics are awesome yes, but the game will die soon, the only people playing will be the kids and oldies who don't have a clue. With a limited selection of maps, with no modified content or new maps coming anytime soon (maps will be DLC for PC) I can't see the game lasting.

And as soon as Bad Company 2 is released next year, this game will be dead.

With a limited selection of maps, with no modified content or new maps coming anytime soon (maps will be DLC for PC) I can't see the game lasting.

What you've described is COD4 on consoles, it lasted the entire duration easily.

What you've described is COD4 on consoles, it lasted the entire duration easily.

I'm referring to PC users, why should we have to pay to download maps. That's the whole point of a PC, we spend more to buy a powerful rig, and now we have this DLC crap, not going to happen.

I've had enough looking at websites and reading, I've decided to give my part about this cock up.

I've been playing PC games ever since it really kicked off in a way, with Duke Nukem, Quake, Doom and the list goes on. But coming into the 20th century where games are being created out of the wood works with updated graphics, gameplay so on. It's been amazing being able to have this, and us as a PC gaming community are grateful to the Developers and creators and have brought this to us. Now I'll just sum down Infinity Ward, Call of Duty 1, amazing game when I first bought it, played the single player first like I do with all games, loved it, then the Easter Egg I had been waiting for, Multiplayer Online, Cod1 was probably one of my favorite online fps games ever, I still play it to now along with thousands of other PC gamers, with the game having dedicated servers, modding capability it was great and being such a good game is why it's still played today and is still in the Xfire top 10 games with thousands of minutes being played daily. Call of duty 2 is pretty much the same story, this is the game that hit the spot for me in the fps market loved this game, more online part mostly, such a great game with so many servers still up and running always populated by the regulars yet again with the modding community doing their thing which has kept the game going and made it even more popular by creating maps and modding the game which has brought many players to buy the game from word of mouth and wanting to experience when other people have brought to the game. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, 2 years down the line, I go on online shopping websites and still see this game with a price tag of £30, for a game which has been released 2 years ago to still maintain its released price is astonishing and an amazing achievement, and why you ask. It's simple, giving us PC community what we want and in return we give you the developers what you want. Call of Duty 4 is what it is today down to a few major things, the competitive side of the game, it has drawn in hundreds and thousands of gamers which then lead to major competitions being held which bring in more and more gamers to the community to have a piece of holding the number 1 spot on ladders, winning huge prizes, taking yours clans name and sticking it on t-shirts to sell to fans who watch players play the game, and for that to have happened it's yet again down to the modifiers of the community, the people who created hundreds of different mods some common mods would be promodlive as most people know since this is what is allowing the more experienced pc gamers to play competitively, so as you can see what I have summed up in a short story in a way I have managed to piece together, we as a community don't mean to have rants and argue over the fact that there will be no dedicated servers, as you probably know we are all annoyed and confused on why you have done this, because we are also stumped on what you have done and don't quite understand because what first came to my head after seeing this petition and signing it after 5000 signatures and seeing it today at 130,000 is the money factor behind it.

Lets just say that all of these 130,000 signatures we to cancel their pre-orders of Modern Warfare 2, lets just say the each preorder were to cost £35 as that is the most common price, lets say we put these figures together and lets just say you were too lose out on a possible 4.5 million pounds in this case, it might be a bit less or a bit more if we were to include dedicated servers costs etc.. is it really worth this. I for one recently purchased Dragon Rising, and seeing how unbelievably cocked up the online side of this game was to make me see how a great game got ruined by 1 simple problem which could easily have been bypassed by comparing other games to see how they are still alive, great example is obvious Counter Strike Source, if all games were to look up to Counter Strike Source as a hero for games to be like but to improve, I for one would love it.

Wall of text :)

Trying to read that hurt my eyes, so I copy-pasted it into notepad and created paragraphs out of it, and I think I found one of the longest sentences I've ever seen ;):

Call of Duty 4 is what it is today down to a few major things, the competitive side of the game, it has drawn in hundreds and thousands of gamers which then lead to major competitions being held which bring in more and more gamers to the community to have a piece of holding the number 1 spot on ladders, winning huge prizes, taking yours clans name and sticking it on t-shirts to sell to fans who watch players play the game, and for that to have happened it's yet again down to the modifiers of the community, the people who created hundreds of different mods some common mods would be promodlive as most people know since this is what is allowing the more experienced pc gamers to play competitively, so as you can see what I have summed up in a short story in a way I have managed to piece together, we as a community don't mean to have rants and argue over the fact that there will be no dedicated servers, as you probably know we are all annoyed and confused on why you have done this, because we are also stumped on what you have done and don't quite understand because what first came to my head after seeing this petition and signing it after 5000 signatures and seeing it today at 130,000 is the money factor behind it.
After reading through it, I agree. I don't know why they want to alienate gamers by restricting modding etc. Some of the most popular games out there that are still played after a lot of years are mainly alive because there's the modding community that improves them and creates new content. This also makes people to buy the games years later.