We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Ten Future Classics

iLLGT3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, the only ones I agree with are the R8 and the Carrera GT. The ACR shouldn't be a classic, like tWm said, it's just a big powerhouse, there's nothing special about it; it's not a great design, the interior isn't that nice, it's just a really powerful version of the normal Viper. If a Viper is thrown in there, it needs to either be the 1st gen, or a 2nd gen GTS-R.

There's nothing special about the ACR at all!

There is! :cool: It got respect on the N ring making euro snobs think differently about american cars, Its a remake of the 1st gen ACR which was and still is "da bomb", It got outstanding performance making Porsche, Ferarri and Lambo work harder on their sports/supercar class. Design is unique and exquisite, interior is not the best but hey, look at the 67 Mustangs, their interior is not all that either but its still a classic. Haters put your hand down please :cool:

The Viper just won't be a classic. End.

There is nothing extremely special about the Viper that people are going to remember years from now. It got respect on the 'Ring, but it's already been beaten...by a European car.

And it's most definately not going to make Ferrari, Lamborgini, Porsche, etc work any harder than they do now on their carsr. People are just not going to cross-shop a 599 or a Murcielago with a Viper, it's just not going to happen, I don't care how fast it is. Ferrari and Lamborghini know this, they know it well.

CTS-V: No, what would make that a classic over 50 years... I wouldn't remember it...

Magnum: Same as the CTS-V.

Viper ACR: The only Viper i see become a classic is the older GTS. This one is way to hardcore.

ZR-1: Remake of a existing car. Nothing classic about that.

Z8: That has potential.

Ford GT: Would be a classic if it wasn't a remake of a classic

R8: Yes, everyone knows it and loves it.

CGT: Yes, everyone knows it and loves it.

Most are just cars...

I think the Prius can be remembered for the ideas, nothing more.

The Z8 was one of the 007 cars and...

Doesn't matter if the CTS-V it's a Cadillac, NO!

Good: GT is a reborn of a racing classic, and the Carrera GT was born as classic, changing Porsche idea... unfortunatelly they had a short life.

I laughed at this. Your just pissed because people said your beloved ZR-1 Isn't going to be a classic....

I'm not angry at anyone, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

Like MB said, the ZR1 would have had potential to be a classic if it wasn't a remake of an existing car. I don't have a problem with this.

Honda NSX- Midengined Supercar from a boring old carmaker? def. a classic

Dodge Viper- earlier ones though(RT/10-GTS) when it was released it instantly made a name for itself and competed with the best super/sports cars of the day(Ferrari 355/360, Porsche 911 Turbo, Corvette C5 Z06, etc.)

Almost any supercar(CGT, R8, etc.)

Not sure if this counts as classics but....

The next "Morris Marina" or FAILCAR would probably be the current Sebring, Cadillac Cimmaron, Lancia Thesis, Pontiac Aztek, etc.

The first Chrysler Minivans do have a decent chance of being classics, being the first cars to create the Minivan segment gives these a decent chance. (The Model T was a piece of crap, but its still remembered as a classic cause it "Put America on Wheels")