We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible bug found.

I've got the RH-650 Aero-3 (from RacersHardware) installed on the Ruf R-Turbo, I snagged the set of Hamann rims from Terzer's new Maserati release, and I'm trying to make the rims smaller.

I selected the VW Golf R32 rims, and when I try to save the car, it goes back to the Mercedes SL 65 rims, it won't let me save the Golf rims.

I have a problem with TDUPE.

My version of TDU is polish, which is translated and I can't choose any other language. However, I found out, that my polish database is in german file, which TDUMT reads without any problems. So I installed 1.67 on german database, and I'm trying to run TDUPE on GE database also. I have also different localisation of TDU. Am I doing something wrong? Of course I can download english "backup copy" from torrents or something, as I have original TDU, so that will be legal, but I want to know if I can do that on my version. Or maybe I can change ignition time manually somehow? Because that's the only thing I want to change.

Thanks in advance for help.

Edit: Sorry, I was used to old version and I was changing locality manually which was causing crash at start. At least, it starts now :)

What do you mean?? I don´t understand. :confused:

Changing the "default rim" in TDUPE changes the SIZE of the rim, not the appearance. So mess around with changing it to different cars until you get the rim sized properly for the car you want changed.

It's different for every car slot though, there is no set way to do things.

Guest turbo lag
    Changing the "default rim" in TDUPE changes the SIZE of the rim, not the appearance. So mess around with changing it to different cars until you get the rim sized properly for the car you want changed.

It's different for every car slot though, there is no set way to do things.

Here's how the rims go as far as I can tell;

For instance, lets choose the Audi A6 as an example because it apparently has smaller sized rims.

If you select a car that has larger rims as the default, the rim size will usually go smaller. And in the same way that if you choose a car with smaller rims, the rims will appear larger. The best way I've found to increase rims size on many cars is to choose the Dodge Charger Super Bee, since it has tiny little steelies that make anything bigger.

Also, you cannot change the overall wheel size, doing this only changes the rim to wheel ratio; ie the actual wheel size will not change, only the rims will. Be warned, you can get rubber band tyres if you go too big!

What values i need to change to make my car drift?

Try changing all the values to see what they do, it's better to learn what the figures do yourself than have someone guide you through everything. However always remember to keep a backup set of physics for the car you edit incase you mess something up.

However I'll give you a hint; grip.

Also, you cannot change the overall wheel size

Actually I have ended up with a larger wheel & tire combo a couple times, but only when I didn't want it. When I actually search for the bigger combo, it never works.

I did it with the Aston Martin DB9-R racecar, the rim & tire combo got bigger and ghosted through the floor.

Guest turbo lag

Must only work on some cars then; I tried a lot of combinations and that only happened very few times, but since the tyre goes through the ground I find it kind of pointless anyway because it looks stupid.

Try changing all the values to see what they do, it's better to learn what the figures do yourself than have someone guide you through everything. However always remember to keep a backup set of physics for the car you edit incase you mess something up.

However I'll give you a hint; grip.

Thanks. :)

I reinstalled my game the same directory, with 2.5 TDUPE configured. Not with a 1.66 or 1.67 database the PE find the DB. The settings are correct, and before you reinstall the game (did it three times, first when the PE worked, the second with 1.68 without the PE work, and now the third, with 1.66 or 1.67 without success.)

My game is installed in the directory "D: \ Program Files (x86) \ Atari \ Test Drive Unlimited" and the PE is so configured. Yes, I delete all my files and extract the PE again and nothing worked.

Help!

EDIT:

I downloaded again and it worked. No, I did nothing different. Too weird. Also, thank you.