We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No more "sharing" houses and identical houses

iNotACactus

I think there should not be more than one person "owning" any given TDU2 house. Of course, this would involve a lot more houses in the game, but TDU has no real "residential" district (other than Downtown Honolulu, but I'm talking, like, suburb-style) at all with more than three buyable houses, so I, for one, would welcome that. Also, maybe customizing/building houses (ala Sims series, but going to stores to buy) so they could be more original than the cycling series of identical houses they use. I feel this could make the game more individual and unique.

This is actually a cool idea but you would need to think of certain things in order to make it work. I like the idea of making the house ours just like we hopefully can make the cars ours through customisation, ie; however I'm not entirely sure how this could be executed.

In regards to the display per player though should this be possible then clearly the properties will show as that player/owner has them however should there be an option to enter another players estate(s) then the layout, design and features will then take on that players own look.

In the TDU2 needs Document we sent there was actually a call for being able to do things in the houses like use your TV for viewing replays and photos as well as being able to play the odd Atari classic like Centipede. :D

Unfortunately in terms of an online game, this won't work. In an offline game it's obviously pointless.

Say in an online game they add 10000 houses. That's a lot of houses, it will increase the game size significantly and could possible affect performance. Then what if 10001, 100000 or 1000000 people bought the game? Which will most likely happen. Then you could have a slight problem :p

Could you imagine the 10,001st person who bought the game, created an account, did the tutorial, then got the error message: "Sorry, all of the available houses are already owned and occupied. Try signing in again later."

muahaha!!!! :D :lol:

I second the adding of residential areas into TDU2. The only thing is, though, if there's an acheivment for driving on all the roads, these residential roads shouldn't count towards that (like the race track and Eden Island). You unlock map warp access to those small roads when you drive on the closest main road.

Unfortunately in terms of an online game, this won't work. In an offline game it's obviously pointless.

Say in an online game they add 10000 houses. That's a lot of houses, it will increase the game size significantly and could possible affect performance. Then what if 10001, 100000 or 1000000 people bought the game? Which will most likely happen. Then you could have a slight problem :p

Well let`s say we have the same houses but the posibillity to customise them.Different sofas TVs beds wardrobes kitchens garages etc.Different wall paint doors etc.

It's a nice idea to make one house to be ownable just by one person. It feels strange sometimes when you drive in one of your houses in the game and suddenly you see other people driving in there too. One solution for the 10001st problem could be: apartment buildings could have unlimited number of apartments, but houses could only be owned by one. There could also be separate rentable/buyable garages, where you could store your cars, so that you don't need to have a lot of houses if you have many cars. It would be enough to have one house and then car storage garages in some other place.

It would also be nice if people could then put the houses / apartments for sale in the market. Buying furniture etc sounds good too. Maybe a possibility to visit friend's houses would be nice too. You would appear in a couch when you visit a friend and you could see his/her place.