We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Weather Mod by Maciuk

Y00 PAY

As I said previously, this mod was made as 'an addition' to the Autumn Mod and only with that mod it makes complete sense as to give you the feeling that the autumn is really there ;)

The duration of the weather won't change because if it would be shortened then the whole beauty of sunrise/sunset would be lost. In real life it looks exactly like that. When it's dark, it's dark for some longer time and not 15 min, etc.

And to be honest, this mod is for those who really play Test Drive. Those who spend like +/- 30min a week will be disappointed as the game 'saves' last position of the weather. This means that when you lunched the game and it was night, been playing like 15-20 min and then you go back to TDU after a couple of days you'll get the night.

As I said - this mod makes TDU a brand-new experience ;) some of you will love it, some don't ;)

Cheers! :)

Looks alright. I'm not sure about the night pics though, since some of the objects still look like there's a massive flood light shining on them when you drive past (reminds me of NFS II SE in night mode). :)

If you want to change how quickly the weather changes, go into the FX folder, open up 'WeatherDesc.ini' and checge the value for TimeScale (the 11th line).

If you want to change how quickly the weather changes, go into the FX folder, open up 'WeatherDesc.ini' and checge the value for TimeScale (the 11th line).

Please respect Maciuk's work and do not edit any of the files. Maciuk is thinking about releasing an additional version ;)

Also, if any of you have any suggestions as what to change/delete/add feel free to write it in here ;)

So I have fog...

when the weather change? all 2 hours? or all 3hours?

You should encounter weather change after 40 minutes of constant driving ;). The weather last this long mostly because of the new sun. Changing properties will spoil sunrise/sunset.

Bear in mind that Maciuk spent more than a month couple of hours each day to synchronise all sets of weather and fog/sun/night transitions.

At the moment, this mod is the best for TDU. :excited:

[TUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQcYB6_vsCY&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQcYB6_vsCY&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

Night Driving <3

Now: Fog

After 40-60 min cruise around oahu: Fog

Please help me!!

It last so much longer when theres a transition from Weather D to Weather A, cuz D is ending with a fog and A starts with a fog ;) that might be the reason. Besides, there's a light -> medium -> thick fog which then changes into light fog -> evening -> sunset -> night ;)

Weather? Really a long time. Weathers are:

A - foggy

B - nice day

C - stormy day

D - cloudy day

I found that time goes around (if not exactly) 3 times faster than in real world, and TDU clock is 12 hours (from 7 AM to 7 PM). So it's 4 hours weather A, then weather B etc. Time of the day depends on time ingame, sunrise starts around 7 AM, and night is really dark at 3PM. Time of day changes slowly, but if you watch the sun for a while, you'll notice that it is moving, so it's not that slow. And online I didn't noticed that it remembers last time and weather. Turned it off yesterday, was weather B and slowly going lighter after night, turned it on today and it was sunset and weather A. So don't know how does that work.

I explain everything with that time ....

One weather takes almost 6 hours. When I played by evenings sth about 7 pm i had always a night, so i did that 1 weather takes sth about 5 hours and 50 minutes. Before that time change at 6 -7 am and 6-7 pm I had always a night, now it changes a little bit every day ...so after the back to the home after school/work You should have another weather , another day time every time.

One word perfectly describes this mod - WOW. Really awesome job! Thank you for sharing this precious gem with us, we all appreciate it. It's a whole different TDU experience now. Driving at night is so cool. So cool that I can't resist to ask a question about it. Will you release just night time mod sometime in future? It would be great to drive at night all the time, especially when it's this good tweaked.

Cya, and thanks once again. ;)

I didn't think about all time night......i think that if U lunch the game when is night on the Oahu u will have enough of night when the sun rise will come :) ... Dispite of this, i alweys ask myself when i'm lunching the game, what will i hit :P ...night, storm, fog ... i think this makes game mutch more funny. :D