We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Everything happens for a reason...

Eudemon

• 2 weeks later...

yeah

im with you on that, i believe somewhat but everyhting that happens... my biggest thing is the Holocaust. how could God let this happen to so many of his people. from what i understand god loves everybody and yet things like this still happen...

im with you on that, i believe somewhat but everyhting that happens... my biggest thing is the Holocaust. how could God let this happen to so many of his people. from what i understand god loves everybody and yet things like this still happen...

Well he does, thing is that he also acts in his own justice. A justice that we can't understand well. I believe the holocaust was the punishment God said He would give to the jews way back when Jesus was crucified.

can I go out on a limb and say that the jews didn't kill jesus... infact he was supposedly king of them, and that it was the romans, who incidentally were behind the religion (after abandoning polytheistic beliefs) I imagine you follow (Roman Catholisism) that put him to death

I hope for your sake that your divine entity isn't as vengeful as you make out

Bullets that are shot up in the air have to land somewhere, do they not?

Some could say it's the kids fault for sitting there, others could say it's the firearm's owner's fault.

I believe it's just one of those things that happened. No one would report a bullet landing in some sand to the news, would they? It's just an unfortunately ironic accident that the bulled landed in a church.

I believe the holocaust was the punishment God said He would give to the jews way back when Jesus was crucified.

Wow. Just wow.

Moving on, in my humble opinion God is an entity thought up by early humans to account for the way nature works. Now, in our modern society there is less need for religion as we can better understand the world around us. It's part of our evolution as a species (and indeed human nature in general) to question things. Having said that I am quite open minded. After all, you can't prove or disprove the existence of God, and we will probably never be able to.

Look at all the pain and suffering religion has caused (and still is). Pointless wars and loss of life over something as trivial as different beliefs. People need to learn that everyone is different and is entitled to thier own beliefs, the sooner people realise that the better.

Couldnt agree with mojo more.

I personally dont believe in a god. BUT i believe in that there is a whole world out there and there is more powerful things than just humans. I know it makes no sense to alot of people.

But for me it makes sense to me as i cant believe in a person i just believe in the natural world etc.

But yes alot of people who do believe in god do get alot of problems by other people of different faiths or people who dont believe in anything. This is just wrong in my opinion.

can I go out on a limb and say that the jews didn't kill jesus... infact he was supposedly king of them, and that it was the romans, who incidentally were behind the religion (after abandoning polytheistic beliefs) I imagine you follow (Roman Catholisism) that put him to death

It was the Romans who after a couple days of interogation found no fault in Jesus. The Jews demanded his death because they were/are not happy that he was/is the Messiah. Afraid of rioting and uprising the Roman official of the area handed Jesus over to the Jews to be put to death... So yes, essentially the Jews did kill Jesus, even though it was Roman soldiers that actually did the physical deed.

It was Paul a converted Jew who orginally taught the Romans of Christ and only through human nature did we get the many divisions in the current Christian Church (Of which Roman Catholicism is one).

All I ask for is a vengeful Mod. Because this thread needs judging, as its going nowhere productive.

:oook:

Oh wow, that's bold.

[sarcasm] Isn't it? [/sarcasm]

You ain't kidding and in a way he has just pardoned Hitler because after all it was Gods doing not his or his evil regime.

I did not, But who said that God can't use bad guys like Hitler to do his justice? Dosen't mean that what Hitler did was good...

Your kidding right?

What a stupid thing to say, you clearly live a very seltered life.

Nah, I have a normal life kthxbye

Are you on crack?

Nope, You should read my post again, I clearly said that it was my opinion.

Wow. Just wow.

Again, just an opinion of mine. And I agree with the last sentences of your post.

I imagine you follow (Roman Catholisism) that put him to death

I hope for your sake that your divine entity isn't as vengeful as you make out

No, not catholic. Protestant. And my God is not vengeful, but sometimes uses revenge to make justice. Can't remember where but somewhere in the Bible says that you shall not seek revenge but leave it to God and he'll do what He finds correct.

I really don't see the point in threads like these. People will just fight over things like "God exists, God doesn't exist" or "Religion is bad, Religion is good" Not to mention some immature peeps around here :rolleyes:

I really don't see the point in threads like these. People will just fight over things like "God exists' date=' God doesn't exist" or "Religion is bad, Religion is good" Not to mention some immature peeps around here :rolleyes:[/quote']

Actually I think you started it, I think you were first in this thread to bring up religion. ;)

Please don't turn this into a whole HE exists vs HE doesn't exist debate, I just want to know if this also just like me makes you have some doubt or if it just confirms what you already believe anyway.

I think it should just get back on topic now anyway.

Guys, you know what? Just come off it. I mean, I understand there're always two sides in an arrgument. This one has been going for ages. We won't prove anything. You know about Balto and his beliefs. You won't change his thoughs. Neither will he change yours. The only thing that will happen is people arrguing and it's a bit pointless. As I said, this is a kind of topic that can't be solved in a forum. It happened several times before and last time the thread got locked because of the flaming. We've all got better things to do, rather than arrguing about the exsisting of God, don't we?

If we were still discussing the OP then yes. But it has been turned into one of those threads about religion where nothing ever gets solved but people gradually get more and more frustrated...

Which as you can see has been quoted already, Diablo has asked for that not to happen!

If we were still discussing the random bullet into the air incident then thats fine. But all we're talking about is that Balto thinks god and Hitler were on the same side.

Always forgetting that it wasn't just jews that were killed in the Holocaust. Muslims, Christians and other faiths were also on Hitler & god's list.