We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Apple iPad

T0M722

I saw this today in the news and found it was unveiled recently by Steve Jobs. Apparently it's a web browsing experience that we've never experienced before. Has the same capabilities of an iPod Touch basically and the device is larger.

safari_20100127.jpg

maps_20100127.jpg

safari_hands_20100127.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool but isn't that different to the iPod Touch. Just a thread to post updates and etc.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/ <--Feature Video

I like it, if Apple weren't so over the top with their prices then I think it could be a good seller, I haven't read anything on this yet, but is there any news on the price or anything?

Ah, just read it on the link. $699 for a 64GB is quite excessive... It'll be like the iPhone i guess. The latest thing that Apple users have to have...

Loving the iPad xD

As for the real apple made one, well it sucks. I really cant see the target audience for this :/

Build it and they will buy it, as the saying goes.. I think alot of people will buy it just because its the latest and greatest thing from Apple.

Build it and they will buy it, as the saying goes.. I think alot of people will buy it just because its the latest and greatest thing from Apple.

But both the iPhone and iPod do the same thing in a more compact way... and with and iPhone you get much more.

Seems like they've made a product with no real purpose, other than an internet tablet. With netbooks these days at really low prices why would someone bother?

As a MacBook owner I can assure you, it's nothing like a MacBook.

The only way they are similar is;

1. Made by Apple

2. Expensive

I meant laptop, sorry. Like you can e-mail on a big keyboard and surf the net on a semi-large screen. It's also not very portable like a laptop.

The early reports have stated that despite how slim it is it's actually quite heavy so I doubt it would break so easily, but drop it and yea..

I already have an iPad except mine's more portable, more practical, has a camera and it makes phone calls... it's called an iPhone.

I don't really get the point of it. It would look ridiculous with someone listening to music on it or playing Itouch games but I like how it has 3G so you can read any newspaper on the go. But doesn't 3G mean mobile phone capabilities?? Calling someone with something that is bigger than your own head seams a bit strange. Let alone looking like a complete idiot. And the price!! 499$ for the base!!