We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post (kickass) onboard recordings links here and get a free sound mod! :DDD (DEFAULT VEHICLES ONLY)

Doctor G.

@dany080 : Hi, thanks for that proposition. I'll send you some samples that gives me trouble or a link to some audio that we could work on, and we'll see what is possible to do. By the way what tools are you using to reduce those noises? I don't know much about methods to enhance a sound but if such a task is possible, then there is an infinity of sources that would become usable and interesting.

@Urban : thanks, I don't know what is so complicated to understand in my requirements... Plus all these comments that I have made previously for such bad stuff should help, but many people don't read :(

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute job!

Ok,i done this in 1 minute,just to show you guys what u can do...It is far from finished but when u hear the diference...I can also make looping samples that u will not even notice that is looping ;) I use Audacity 1.3 beta,Sound Forge Pro 10(advanced mode,not for beginers..) and couple of more tools that u all have...

This samples are from that video above!

NOTE:this is just a fast edited sound!Nothing special,no hard work...It will sound like in car whit windos closed(or close to that) but it was not done 4 game,but to show that all other sounds except engine are almoust totaly removed,not just noise!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pe3p5rjtplozvji

In the first audio there is a bit of echo in the cockpit and also some wind/gravel noises or something. The treatment that you applied removed these, but the bad part is that what remains of the engine sound isn't of any use to me : there is a strong echo, ugly artifacts in background and no basses anymore. At this point, I'd prefer to use the non-edited audio file for a better, more realistic result.

But maybe you did not push the process to its limits, is it possible to make something better with more time spent on it?

*facepalm*

I will do it like you do lol:NOTE:this is just a fast edited sound!Nothing special,no hard work...It will sound like in car whit windos closed(or close to that) but it was not done 4 game,but to show that all other sounds except engine are almoust totaly removed,not just noise!!!

It clearly say,just engine,bla bla bla...So,there is no exhaust sound in here and some ohter sounds,like wind,tires noise and litle rocks hiting the bottom part of car...Each sound can be isolated.So lets say that we isolate engine sound,but better,no echo etc,u can add bass,bit of click and crackle in low freq and much more...,than u can implement anythng u want in there!U can record exthaus from outside and add that in the sample etc. etc. etc. I see you limited yourself pretty well:confused: Sry on my English!

You know what they say..take it or leave it,what do you have to lose?

I will do it like you do lol:NOTE:this is just a fast edited sound!Nothing special,no hard work...It will sound like in car whit windos closed(or close to that) but it was not done 4 game,but to show that all other sounds except engine are almoust totaly removed,not just noise!!!

Allright, but here we are precisely interested in using sounds in a video game, so why not generating a file that you would consider as a good example of a nice audio basis for making samples instead of this file that won't convice anyone? I don't get it (maybe spending more time than just one minute?).

So lets say that we isolate engine sound,but better,no echo etc,u can add bass,bit of click and crackle in low freq and much more...,than u can implement anythng u want in there!U can record exthaus from outside and add that in the sample etc. etc. etc. I see you limited yourself pretty well .You know what they say..take it or leave it,what do you have to lose?

Well, please do those enhancements yourself so I can have a clearer idea, because for me, the audio in its current state is totally ruined and doing something with it is far beyond my capacities.

I simply think that, if you modify too much your audio with bandpass, highpass, lowpass or anything you will lose the realistic and natural aspect of the sound and it's exactly what I don't want. I prefer to keep the little noises that 95% of people won't even notice.

I don't see what you mean by "limiting myself", the simplier is the better to my opinion and it's not because you're going to use tons of effects, add exhausts or anything that it makes your sound better, rather the opposite...

What do I have to lose? Time of course, I've already lost my illusions :o

My bad

Ok,my bad...Lets do it like this,send me a few samples u want to place in game and il see what i can do,if u dont like it we can just forget this ever happened...I will work one them until i fully finish,no 1 min job :)

I know time will not stop and time is what we dont have...but we all need it!

It is always trial and error,i learn as i go,as everyone else!

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Well as I've said I kept looking on youtube and found this:

there are quite clear acceleration, deceleration and idle sounds, however I'm not sure if the quality is good enough. Well that's the best I can get from youtube. Car is obviously the 300C SRT8 ^^

Well, I don't know for you guys, but making sound mods for a game that is supposed to have its server down in january 2011 (That VideoGame Blog TDU servers shutting down in 2011) kinda depresses me, I'm not very motivated anymore.

Maybe I'll finish one or two things that I've already started (Zonda, new traffic sounds) but it looks like it's the beginning of the end (that means no more requests here, sorry), too bad because I really liked it :(